Calling all model kit fans - she's finally done

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
It was over 2 foot long as I recall

If you want your patience testing, try doing the rigging for the Airfix HMS Victory.

....that was the last kit I built, and the frigging rigging was a pain. Can see why they put them in glass cases as that one sure was a dust magnet. Anyways, my attentions were turning towards air guns at this point, so the ship's fate was inevitable...

Edit: just remembered I got one of those Mamod steam rollers around this time, loved the little beastie. Good to see they still make them - lots of paper-round savings went into that purchase.........

Last edited:
I thought I would post a picture of a Revell kit of a submarine1/144th scale. It went together well and the periscope and snorkel
Das Boot 005.JPG
can go up and down

midlife

Guru
I thought I would post a picture of a Revell kit of a submarine1/144th scale. It went together well and the periscope and snorkel View attachment 122475 can go up and down

Like the sub :smile:

On a different subject I built a Zeppelin, Airfix I think and was the most boring model I ever built !

Shaun

The £19.99 one then? The larger was reduced to £29.99 for the kit. Battered boxes though
I found some on the bay £16.50 postage free. It is the mk7 Atlantic version.

There was an interesting bit in the instructions as to whether they were lost at sea or in some operation , I can't remember the name but when I looked it up I found out that after the war a lot of the subs were sunk off of the north coast of Ireland.

4205970, member: 12393"]on occasion, i'll see this stuff in a DIY store...

UPVC-Plumbing-Pipes.jpg

...and begin to wonder how big a model Eagle Interceptor might be if i used it to build one. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

You missed a golden oppo

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I remember the glue finger prints....

My lad didn't like doing the transfers. As an older person, I learnt, only put the transfers you want in the saucer of water, not the whole lot.

Try at mid 40's, putting a Ferrari dash speedo etc in place. It's like 4mm in size and has to be picked up with tweezers. Off went my glasses. So hard. We haven't started the two F1 McLarens when I saw the stickers... OMFG.
you've just reminded me of the nightmare decals for the model kit of this...
4393452148_354db3dedf.jpg

...getting them to line up around the wheel arches was a nightmare.

edit... the full extent of that nightmare is coming back to me now:
RENTK24-218.jpg

subaqua

What’s the point
Airfix decal solution . much much better than water. and a pair of needle noded tweezers to lift and place.

my boy who is 8 is just starting to get used to the idea of models. airfix simple e type jag kit. painted so far ready for assembly.

will teach him the use of an airbrush over easter with some simple wooden shapes.

Top Bottom