calling giant propel owners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

busdennis

Veteran
Hi All
i bought a propel frameset from a reputable shop via ebay as new old stock at the end of last year and was very happy with it. Ive only just got around to building it up and after the first 50 mile ride the paint work is chipped more than bikes that i have done thousand of miles, then after closer inspection i'm not impressed with the finish of the paint work esp on the top tube, making me feel the frame may not be genuine.
My first question being has the propel ever been copied for fakes?

PS I've never seen another with the same paint scheme and was original told it was a model only available in the uk that they obtained has a warranty replacement.

vickster

Legendary Member
Contact Giant UK with the details? You'd want the frame registered with them if it was new and real for the warranty (not covered if you’re not registered as the first owner)

I’m sure there’s a possibility that every mainstream frame could have been faked

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If the Chinese can copy a LR Evoque and an iPhone they can copy a Propel. As above contact Giant with the frame nos assuming it has them and see what they say .

OP
OP
busdennis

busdennis

Veteran
Thanks, i know they can but would they bother with a giant propel when its the same process for a pinarello dogma which will sell for more. On the plus side all was well with my bike frame code and giant uk

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks, i know they can but would they bother with a giant propel when its the same process for a pinarello dogma which will sell for more. On the plus side all was well with my bike frame code and giant uk
Because for an unfathomsble reason some weirdos want to ride a bike that says Giant on it and looks like a Propel? ;)

huwsparky

Über Member
What's the conclusion @busdennis ?

Top Bottom