Calling London Riders - 100 Climbs Advice (Swains Lane) Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I live in Warwick but often stay in London for work. I've just spotted that number 27 of the 100 Climbs is Swains Lane which is only 6-7 miles from where I stay.

I quite fancy the idea of getting a Boris Bike one night and doing the climb.

I know good routes from Gloucester Road to Regent's Park, but can anyone suggest a good cycling route from Regent's Park to Swains Lane?

Cheers in advance.

Martin

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Easy Peasy
From Regents Park, Camden High Street/Camden Town, Kentish Town Road, Highgate Road, Right into Swains.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
I live in Warwick but often stay in London for work. I've just spotted that number 27 of the 100 Climbs is Swains Lane which is only 6-7 miles from where I stay.

I quite fancy the idea of getting a Boris Bike one night and doing the climb.

I know good routes from Gloucester Road to Regent's Park, but can anyone suggest a good cycling route from Regent's Park to Swains Lane?

Cheers in advance.

Martin

Big link...

https://tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/r...ection=False&JourneyType=&IsPastWarning=False

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Speaking about bumps, I had cause to go up Thorpewood Avenue in Forest Hill this morning.

That gave the upper torso a rude awakening, I have to say.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I wheezed up Swains Lane on a night ride just before Christmas. It wasn't too bad but we did have a lengthy breather halfway up while being educated about the history of Highgate cemetery, so I cheated really. Being utterly useless on hills ( and old ), I would have struggled to do it in one go. I'm sure that you'll fly up it.:okay:

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
I did the ride again last night and really went for the Strava Segment - I was blowing pretty hard at the top and a couple of pedestrians shouted comments like "don't think the bike is built for that!" When I looked at my strava trace on my phone - it had missed about 5 miles of the ride, including Swain's Lane - so it isn't on Strava so it didn't happen.

I'll have to have another go now :ph34r:

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
Not my neck of the woods but I spotted this on Twitter recently

View: https://twitter.com/LondonDynaslow/status/897683634081210368

And I thought it was meant to be posh up there.

Maybe they saw the Boris Bike and decided not to bother :smile:

Top Bottom