Calling Yorkshire folk of all persuasions

What's your preferred date?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Calum

What Colly said! :-D

Arch

Married to Night Train
Rhythm Thief said:
Don't think I'll be able to make it now.:sad: It's our first gig this year on April 1st, and the Saturday is the only day the five of us can practise. Then of course, it's the first Grand Prix of the season on Sunday.:becool:
Have fun though, and I'll try and make a future Yorkshire ride.

Boo! We've been ditched for a bunch of silly boys in go-karts...:biggrin: Shame, but maybe you can make another ride...

Looks like I better come armed with cake at the start then.... Look, if I bring a tin of cake, you'll all have to have some, I'm not carrying it for miles! I'm trying to learn to pack light - a tin of cake hardly qualifies does it! (bearing in mind I haven't baked for ages - it might weigh a fair bit!)
:biggrin:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Considering the ride, which would be better to use the galaxy or euros? (it's those cattle grids that have got me!)

colly

Re member eR
Looks like my trip over to York next week has been scuppered.:laugh:
One of my lads has arranged to take Mrs Colly and me out for a meal next Sunday lunchtime :laugh: So it isn't all bad.

Re the 'Cyclechat Jersey', Bokonon has it now and has suggested an evening meeting of CC bods in Leeds one evening this week so it can be signed and passed on. Calum said today he is coming over to York possibly by train next weekend so he can bring the jersey with him and hand it on.

No Arch's cake for me then:sad:

OP
OP
Amanda P

Amanda P

Legendary Member
craigwend said:
Considering the ride, which would be better to use the galaxy or euros? (it's those cattle grids that have got me!)

The cattle grids are part of the bike traps on the riverside cycle path out of York. I had no trouble with them using the 25mm tyres (and 17" wheels) on my bike, and I've ridden over them with 22mm tyres. In any case, because they're on a bike path, and part of a bike trap, they'll act as bottlenecks and we'll be moving through them very slowly. Walking or even carrying your bike over them will be acceptable and possibly even advisable.

Once we're out of York and on the road, there are no such obstructions. Mind you, we won't be moving fast enough for a Galaxy to seem slow. I may well be riding one myself.

Ironic, isn't it, that the only part of the ride causing any doubt is on a cycle path...

Arch

Married to Night Train
Well, I got stocked up with cake ingredients on Sunday... Those of you coming for cake had better be hungry.

And we must all remember that the clocks go forward Saturday night...

hulver

Fat bloke on a bike
Arch said:

Argh! An even earlier start.

I'm still hoping to make it, but if the other half decides that a 40th birthday party is preferable to writing essays about lumping and splitting Homo erectus, then I'll have to give it a miss.

I just hope it's not as windy as today :biggrin:

Shaun

Founder
Arch said:

Ah ha - and I was just coming into the thread to report this ... :ohmy:

I'll have to go to bed extra early then. :girl:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Will there be a prize for the person who turns up an hour late?

(If it's me, I guess the prize is a lot of cake to get through!):girl:

Shaun

Founder
I hope the wind dies down before Sunday .... :ohmy:

If it doesn't, can I claim this as an equivalent 100 miler?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Admin said:
I hope the wind dies down before Sunday .... :rolleyes:

If it doesn't, can I claim this as an equivalent 100 miler?

If it doesn't I'll be claiming a couple of miles just to get to the Minster!

So, we meet at the West Front do we? (Under the Heart of York window and next to the 3D map of York sculpture thingy)

Arch

Married to Night Train
spandex said:
Yep that sound about right

I think if it is windy you could claim 5miles just for doing the 200m from your flat as there has been some days that I would NEVER ride there because of the wind.

That bit round the end of the Minster is pretty blowy! I've almost come to a standstill, more than once...

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Just found out we can't come over on the train from Hull cause it's a rail replacment bus ;)
Looks like a car share from Hull is needed. How many bikes & people can you get in your car Shaun (admin) cause I think you're planning to drive. I'll have a look later today, but I reckon I'll get 4 in mine (probably need wheels off tho) If needed ;)

Top Bottom