Calling Yorkshire folk of all persuasions

What's your preferred date?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theloafer

Legendary Member
ok there seems no change to the planned meet see you all when you swing by the park and ride spot...

Shaun

Founder
Ah ... slight change for me, Trev, and Craigwent - parking in Peel Street in the town now (not that the other two know that yet) - just modified the plans after some sagely advice from Helen. :blush:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Admin said:
Ah ... slight change for me, Trev, and Craigwent - parking in Peel Street in the town now (not that the other two know that yet) - just modified the plans after some sagely advice from Helen. :biggrin:

I do now!:smile:

postman

Legendary Member
Great day out Gromit lad.Hope those CycleChat people had a good day out.And wore the right trousers.?

Just going to Church now,missed the cycling.

Someone plan another one maybe a saturday.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Was a great day out & some lovely roads & the weather was very kind too. Nice to meet some more faces behind the names too ;)
Thanks to Uncle Phil for organising it, give yourself a pat on the back :biggrin:
Thanks to Arch for the lovely orange cake, which I'm sure helped me up the hills :biggrin: sorry couldn't stay for the tea party, hope you all had a good time & ate & drunk copius amounts.

See you all for the next one

OP
OP
Amanda P

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I had a good day too - thankyou all for coming. Hope you felt better after some Tea and Cake, Arch.

The landlord of the Wombwell Arms was very appreciative of our patronage, and expressed a hope that we'd come again.

Pleasant as the route is, twice in one month is probably enough to be going on with, so he'll have to wait until this time next year, I think.

We have plans for other possible rides out of York, but they involve some real hills....

Arch

Married to Night Train
Hi All!

Great ride yesterday, even if it nearly killed me....:smile:

I reckon it was indigestion, which is odd, I never get indigestion, I pride myself on having a bombproof digestive system. Never mind, I felt better after a lie down, and a repeat of Top Gear.... Maybe I overdosed on cheese at lunchtime.

Anyway, the group pic....

View attachment 2566

Typically for me, there are two faces I can't put a name to!:blush: I did say I was hopeless with names, didn't I? I know they must be craigwend and trev....

Back row, L to R: Uncle Phil, Cathy (non CC member), um....(Craigwend?) Spandex, Helen, Soltydog (unless I've mixed you up with Trev? in the front row), Admin.
In front of Admin, TheLoafer.
Front row, L to R: Arch, Velocidad, um... (Trev?), John (another non-CCer, with Cathy), Mrs Uncle Phil, Calum.

Jack the Lad had bailed by this time, having done the ride in reverse to meet us.

Next time, I'll bring name badges... Blame it on me living alone and being a scatty ejit who has all her friends on a computer....

Pity it got a bit late for the tea party, next time perhaps. At least you all got a bit of cake on the ride. And I had enough mugs. 15 would have been tricky!

I'll put the handover pic in the Jersey thread....

Thanks anyway, for a great ride. Looking at my map, I reckon if I do that, I can get to Castle Howard, which I never realised....

Selby is nice though. And completely flat....:sad:

OP
OP
Amanda P

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Arch said:
Selby is nice though. And completely flat....:smile:

Flat, yes. Nice??

No no. Castle Howard is definitely an option for the next outing. There will be Hills though (largely 'cos Castle Howard is on top of one). After all, if you don't climb a hill, you don't get to enjoy the view from the top.

And the "free" ride down.

Top Bottom