Calling Yorkshire folk of all persuasions

What's your preferred date?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

banjokat

I'm going to have to cry off I'm afraid - some ghastly knee infection is keeping me off the bike at the moment :-(

OP
OP
Amanda P

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Sorry to hear that, Banjokat.

Anyway, the rest of you, I've just phoned the pub to let them know we're coming. They're expecting at least ten, maybe fifteen people - so no chickening out just because it's a bit windy!;)

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Soltydog said:
Just found out we can't come over on the train from Hull cause it's a rail replacment bus :biggrin:
Looks like a car share from Hull is needed. How many bikes & people can you get in your car Shaun (admin) cause I think you're planning to drive. I'll have a look later today, but I reckon I'll get 4 in mine (probably need wheels off tho) If needed :wahhey:

In a must read the latest thread before posting a PM - I'd Pm'd Admin re: car share, before seeing this-
as i've now (at last) commited myself to Sunday! even with the rubbish weather (58 mins to work 46 back!)

I'm sure we can get this sorted before Sunday:biggrin:

colly

Re member eR
Uncle Phil said:
Oh yes, and has the Northern Jersey made its way to the right hands to reach us on Sunday?

It has yes.

Bokonon handed it to Calum in Mr Foley's in Leeds city centre about an hour ago. :wahhey:
Having work to do I had to leave them to it. :biggrin:

Bokonon

Über Member
I have photographic evidence that Calum now has the jersey. I'll post it in the official relay thread once I have got it of my phone.

Uncle Phil said:
Sorry to hear that, Banjokat.

Anyway, the rest of you, I've just phoned the pub to let them know we're coming. They're expecting at least ten, maybe fifteen people - so no chickening out just because it's a bit windy!:tongue:

How about if I have done my ankle in? dose that work;)

Just kidding I will be fine by Sunday:wacko:

hulver

Fat bloke on a bike
spandex said:
Yep that sound about right

I think if it is windy you could claim 5miles just for doing the 200m from your flat as there has been some days that I would NEVER ride there because of the wind.

You wouldn't go to Arch's flat because of the wind :biggrin:

What does she put in those cakes? :tongue:

I won't be able to make it, a combination of 40th Birthday party and having to get back to Sheffield on Sunday morning. Shame, I was looking forward to it.

Maybe the next one.

Arch

Married to Night Train
hulver said:
You wouldn't go to Arch's flat because of the wind :biggrin:

What does she put in those cakes? :biggrin:

I won't be able to make it, a combination of 40th Birthday party and having to get back to Sheffield on Sunday morning. Shame, I was looking forward to it.

Maybe the next one.

Beans, and lots of 'em...

The forecast seems to be getting a smidge better for Sunday. Except I didn't say that. I may have committed my self to some work tomorrow morning, so I'll just have the afternoon to bake and tidy the flat*....

*put all the heaps of things on top of each other, and shove them in the wardrobe. Don't for god's sake, open the wardrobe...

Shaun

Founder
All set.

Bought some new water bottles today and invested in one of those CO2 pump thingys (just in case), so just need to get my fat backside out of bed in the morning and enjoy the fun! :biggrin:

See you all tomorrow. :angry:

Cheers,
Shaun

PS. Crossing fingers that the wind eases up overnight ... :angry:

Calum

I'm all set and ready to go. xx( Only snag is I haven't booked a bike space on the train... Que, the standard argument with one of the guards. Luckily York is the next stop from Leeds so I can just stand with it in the bit between the carriages.

Wish me luck!;)

colly

Re member eR
Calum said:
I'm all set and ready to go. :thumbsup: Only snag is I haven't booked a bike space on the train... Que, the standard argument with one of the guards. Luckily York is the next stop from Leeds so as long as I get on the train, so I can just stand with it in the bit between the carriages.

Wish me luck!xx(

If it is TransPennine you should be ok. I didn't have to book a place for my bike when I went over to Hull recently.

Top Bottom