Calorie Restriction Diet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
The Jogger

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Hi TJ. I be being doing this for more than two month and have only missed it once as the weather was great and I was doing extra miles. It's really easy and I feel it's more about mindset. I would recommend you go for zero calories. It focuses your mind and the break fast is brilliant. I've been doing 30-36 hour stints and my only failing was when I tried to 'peel' a roast chicken for taking to work the next day. I was 24hrs into the fast and it was too much for me. I liked my fingers then succumbed to temptation. I now know my limits :-)

Hi SC, how have you done with weight loss? I honestly never thought I could go so long without food, my challenge will be commuting to work and then a long day at work.. I've decided to start this on my day off.

Trickedem

Guru
I have been doing 2 days fasting every week for about a month. I have lost about 3 kg so far. I have found this relatively easy. I have a small breakfast, normally porridge, a salad at lunchtime, then I simply skip the evening meal. I have been going to the gym regularly and the diet hasn't affected my workouts. The only side effect noticed so far, has been me feeling very cold whilst sleeping and I have even taken to wearing a hat in bed sometimes.

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
Right, thta's it, I've started today. The last time I ate anything was 21:30 last night, just green tea today and maybe something later upto 600 cals. So far, so good.......
Keep us posted as to how you do.

I can't believe how easy this has been for me, it is a mind set thing and the funny thing is I don't feel as hungry at other times, almost as if my appetite has been reset.
I love my new body shape and the fact that I feel as fit as a fiddle.
I hope it works out for you too :smile:

OP
OP
The Jogger

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Thanks guys, I will certainly use this thread to keep you all updated, starting weight today was 14st 7lbs

Thanks guys, I will certainly use this thread to keep you all updated, starting weight today was 14st 7lbs

Its hard to say. I initially came down about 6-7lbs but the fasting coincided with an increase in miles so I don't know how many I can attribute to the fast. Now I'm doing less miles I've put on some. It was never about weight loss with me although it was a nice side benefit. The last couple of weekends have been full of parties and I have been kind of looking forward to Tuesdays which are fast days. The way I work it this includes 3 x 10mile commutes and an 8-12 hour shift. Just dig in. It gets easier and you will learn to deal with your weak moments.

OP
OP
The Jogger

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Its hard to say. I initially came down about 6-7lbs but the fasting coincided with an increase in miles so I don't know how many I can attribute to the fast. Now I'm doing less miles I've put on some. It was never about weight loss with me although it was a nice side benefit. The last couple of weekends have been full of parties and I have been kind of looking forward to Tuesdays which are fast days. The way I work it this includes 3 x 10mile commutes and an 8-12 hour shift. Just dig in. It gets easier and you will learn to deal with your weak moments.

Thanks SC looking forward to this............

OP
OP
The Jogger

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Just a quick update, been doing this now for a few weeks. I haven't lost much weight and on the days I do it, I stick religiously to sub 600 cals. I only drink during the day and then have a low fat ready meal with a pack of mixed veg in the evening, tonight was 430 cals then as a late night snack, a few rich tea fingers and a low cal drink. Total cals about 570 for the day. Probably a bit early yet to see any obvious results but I'm liking it.

Drago

Legendary Member
For the first time ever I'm watching the calories. I a touch endomesomorphic so tend to pork quickly if I'm not on the go so while I've not been counting the calories as such it's been strictly no fizzy, sweets, crisps, alcohol etc.

2 pieces wholesale toast with Marmite (no butter) and orange juice for brekky, light lunch, proper tea. I'm hovering around the 240lb mark so it's working.

For the first few days it took a bit if mental effort, but after a short while my discipline kicked in and it's second nature now.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
For the first time ever I'm watching the calories. I a touch endomesomorphic so tend to pork quickly if I'm not on the go so while I've not been counting the calories as such it's been strictly no fizzy, sweets, crisps, alcohol etc.

2 pieces wholesale toast with Marmite (no butter) and orange juice for brekky, light lunch, proper tea. I'm hovering around the 240lb mark so it's working.

For the first few days it took a bit if mental effort, but after a short while my discipline kicked in and it's second nature now.

I can cheerfully recommend using SparkPeople for tracking calories, the mobile apps are great. I use about three times a year for a few days at a time because the calories I think I'm eating and the calories I'm actually eating are often two different things.

P.S you're buying your toast wholesale? Wow! ;)

carolonabike

I'm still doing a semi fast two days a week and I'm finding quite easy to stick to. I've lost 4lb, which is at a rate of about 1lb a month. Now this might be a small amount at a very, very slow rate but since I find it extremely hard to lose any weight at all this is definitely working for me.

Top Bottom