Calorie Restriction Diet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sorry, watching Man V's Food. :hungry:

OP
OP
The Jogger

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Partially calorie increase? Amatuer :rolleyes:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent from......................McDonalds

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I never fast - don't have the willpower and enjoy the grub too much. Although I must try to curb the muffin fetish.

I suppose it depends a lot on activity levels. Fasting probably doesn't mix well with a lot of exercise but the odd day once in a while, if you're not really doing anything, might be different...

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I might have a go at this. 24hr fasts are not actually that difficult (I do one for charity and two for religious reasons every year). Fasting 2 days a week would probably take some getting used to, but it's nice to actually have some decent research into the subject (even if it is mainly on mice)

I have decided to give this a go. I did 36hrs from tues tea time to thurs breaksfast. I chose 0 calories partially to see if I could do it partially to see how it affected my cycling. I commute 20 miles every day but I took it very easy (with the exception of one Strava Segement) It sounds to me to be very interesting. For this month I am choosing a Wednesday and I'm going to do Breakfast-Breakfast. As for this week I have had no adverse reactions and everything seems very positive.

OP
OP
The Jogger

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I have decided to give this a go. I did 36hrs from tues tea time to thurs breaksfast. I chose 0 calories partially to see if I could do it partially to see how it affected my cycling. I commute 20 miles every day but I took it very easy (with the exception of one Strava Segement) It sounds to me to be very interesting. For this month I am choosing a Wednesday and I'm going to do Breakfast-Breakfast. As for this week I have had no adverse reactions and everything seems very positive.

Fair play to ya, I don't know, I think my sugar level would drop and I'd be feeling like sh1t but you never know. I would need to do it on my days off work........

pkeenan

Über Member
Think I'm going to give it a go. Initially I thought it wouldn't work simultaneously with reasonable amounts of cycling, though I'm now thinking the fast days can be coordinated with days of rest. So, five days of cycling per week - two days off, which are also a fasting day. That might work well for now, though there's no commute to consider at the moment.

Might post back after a week.

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
Watch out, the forum diet-know-alls will be all over this thread saying you're doing it wrong and it will all go tits up and you will never be able to eat "normally" again.

Good luck with it, I've debated a fasting day each week for a while, just not had a chance to bring it in yet. Think I'll give it a go in the autumn and see how it goes.

Top Bottom