Cameras + YouTube + Google - using the power

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I use Premiere Elements. I'm not sure whether it's the best, but it seems good and is quite powerful, much more so than for my needs. I also use Quicktime Pro, as that lets me clip the relevant bit of video out of the long segments my camera produces very quickly, without re-rendering the video.

Thanks mate, I shall have a dabble later

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
Your 2 comments to me we're not constructive and were a direct attack - now considering I've never crossed your path it seems a little rich that your upset because you feel someone else is doing the same to you as you do to others ?
Are you referring to:-

Have you ever thought about concentrating on what you are doing?
Concentrate on what you are doing not on what others might be doing. So you think that one driver was on the phone and one was texting - how did that affect you?

The first comment was a direct question. How is that a direct attack?
The second was advice and, yes, concentrationj does involve observation and there was another direct question at the end of it.

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
Ok- guys n gals - what editing program out there will allow me to slow mo and zoom in onto the drivers in question ?
:smile: thanks
I use OpenShot if I want to do anything more than just taking out a clip and posting it. If I don't want to do anything fancy, I just use Avidemux to clip out the bit I'm interested in. To focus on a detail, I would normally step through frame by frame in Avidemux, save a single frame as JPEG and then work on that with GIMP (Gnu Image Manipulation Program). All of these are free, open-source software.

Regarding zoom, of course you can't go to in closer than the resolution that's on the original video.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I use Premiere Elements. I'm not sure whether it's the best, but it seems good and is quite powerful, much more so than for my needs. I also use Quicktime Pro, as that lets me clip the relevant bit of video out of the long segments my camera produces very quickly, without re-rendering the video.

I'm not thick but how the heck do you use it to zoom ? I'm in the right area but .....

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
cap2.jpg

Snipping tool (in Windows Accessories), brightness enhanced using Microsoft Publisher

Attachments

• cap2.jpg
    cap2.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 33

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Are you referring to:-

Have you ever thought about concentrating on what you are doing?
Concentrate on what you are doing not on what others might be doing. So you think that one driver was on the phone and one was texting - how did that affect you?

The first comment was a direct question. How is that a direct attack?
The second was advice and, yes, concentrationj does involve observation and there was another direct question at the end of it.
Can you please explain your concentrating issue with regards to the video that gb155 posted.
He was looking at oncoming traffic as he wanted to turn right across them and he noted that two where potentially using the phone. How is that not concentrating on what he should be and what should he be concentrating on in that situation?

I'm not thick but how the heck do you use it to zoom ? I'm in the right area but .....
Look for something called ken burns.

BSRU

A Human Being
It does ?...I know it can slow-mo but zoom too? hummmm )
When you go to power tools for slow motion there is the option to crop the video, that is "zoom in".

Jezston

Über Member
Could really do with some kind of polarizing filter for our cameras so we can see past those reflections on the glass.

I'm going to look into that once daylight returns to my commute.

BSRU

A Human Being
BSRU had one on his contour a while ago...
I use one when both my commutes are in daylight, it makes a difference if you are at the right angle to the glass.
It does reduce the field of view available so you need to use 1080p otherwise the filter is visible in the video.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf

Ah, select the clip in the timeline, then click on Edit, Effects, and Edit Effects. Then click on the Motion drop down, and you should be able to zoom the clip. You can point the zoom by dragging the picture around.

Jezston

Über Member
I use one when both my commutes are in daylight, it makes a difference if you are at the right angle to the glass.
It does reduce the field of view available so you need to use 1080p otherwise the filter is visible in the video.

What do you use? Is it that xtremevu camlens thingamajig?
Looking for something a little simpler (and cheaper!) myself, like a gel that can be slipped on under the lens cover or suchlike.

BSRU

A Human Being
What do you use? Is it that xtremevu camlens thingamajig?
Looking for something a little simpler (and cheaper!) myself, like a gel that can be slipped on under the lens cover or suchlike.
I used a 37mm Hama circular polarising filter but you need the filter adaptor that comes with the lens replacement kit.

Top Bottom