Campagnolo 11 speed freehub with shimano 105?

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by nlmkiii, 25 May 2018.

1. nlmkiii

nlmkiii Regular

So I just picked up a great bike on the second hand market, but want to immediately change the wheels, partly as the ones it has are awful, and partly because I'm 15 stone!

Seen a solid handbuilt set on the local facebook marketplace (32 spoke front and rear. Miche Primato hubs, Pacenti SL23 rims), but it has the Campagnolo 11 speed freehub, and I have the Shimano 105 groupset (10 speed) on the new bike.

Is that going to be a big issue? Fixable?

2. Milkfloat

Milkfloat Veteran

Would need a new freehub.

raleighnut likes this.
  3. winjim

winjim A youth of interminable age

You've got a few options. The proper way to do it is to buy a replacement Shimano splined freehub for probably about £35. You could also buy a cassette with Campagnolo splines but Shimano spacing. I think Miche might make them. Or you can use the sprockets from a Campagnolo cassette with the spacers from a Shimano one and build your own frankensette.

I'm a terrible Campagnolo snob but skint at the moment so that last option is what I'm doing for my latest wheelset but in reverse, using a cheap Shimano compatible wheel with individual sprockets and Campagnolo spacers to make it work with my Campagnolo gearset.

Last edited: 25 May 2018
  4. OP
    OP
    nlmkiii

nlmkiii Regular

Thanks guys. The chap now said he's running a Shimano freehub at the moment so I have no idea what's going on!!!

I'll go take a look at them and see what they are all about :smile: It's good to know they can be sorted even if they are Campagnolo

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice