Campagnolo 11 speed freehub with shimano 105?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nlmkiii

So I just picked up a great bike on the second hand market, but want to immediately change the wheels, partly as the ones it has are awful, and partly because I'm 15 stone!

Seen a solid handbuilt set on the local facebook marketplace (32 spoke front and rear. Miche Primato hubs, Pacenti SL23 rims), but it has the Campagnolo 11 speed freehub, and I have the Shimano 105 groupset (10 speed) on the new bike.

Is that going to be a big issue? Fixable?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Would need a new freehub.

winjim

Smash the cistern
You've got a few options. The proper way to do it is to buy a replacement Shimano splined freehub for probably about £35. You could also buy a cassette with Campagnolo splines but Shimano spacing. I think Miche might make them. Or you can use the sprockets from a Campagnolo cassette with the spacers from a Shimano one and build your own frankensette.

I'm a terrible Campagnolo snob but skint at the moment so that last option is what I'm doing for my latest wheelset but in reverse, using a cheap Shimano compatible wheel with individual sprockets and Campagnolo spacers to make it work with my Campagnolo gearset.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nlmkiii

nlmkiii

Thanks guys. The chap now said he's running a Shimano freehub at the moment so I have no idea what's going on!!!

I'll go take a look at them and see what they are all about :smile: It's good to know they can be sorted even if they are Campagnolo

Top Bottom