Campagnolo bottom bracket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
What am l doing wrong...l bought a Campagnolo bottom bracket as per the photo Italian thread 115mm spindle, for my Centaur triple crank.
To fit my Italian Veneto frame, except that it doesn't ! I can't get it to even begin to screw in. Is it possible that the frame thread is English and should that make a difference anyway ?
I don't mind hanging onto the campag. bb, it may have a future use but what should l do about finding the correct one for the frame.

Attachments

• 2018-01-24 14.41.14.jpg
    2018-01-24 14.41.14.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 2018-01-24 14.41.39.jpg
    2018-01-24 14.41.39.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 65

chriscross1966

Über Member
From memory, whilst the thread sizes and pitches are pretty similar, on an English BB one of the cups is wrong-handed thread, on an Italian they're both the same...

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Been and had another look...l assume that centaur B. Bracket 115.5mm -ITA is the thread type. and sure enough they both go the same way .
So l thought why not check the obvious...measured inside of bb shell 34mm, measured outside of bracket thread 35.5mm . Q.E.D up the creek without a paddle.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Been and had another look...l assume that centaur B. Bracket 115.5mm -ITA is the thread type. and sure enough they both go the same way .
So l thought why not check the obvious...measured inside of bb shell 34mm, measured outside of bracket thread 35.5mm . Q.E.D up the creek without a paddle.
Is it a French BB size. (seeing as how you're in France.) :becool:

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Is it a French BB size. (seeing as how you're in France.) :becool:
I really hope not since it is an Italian made frame which l bought from Hungary and paid for in pounds....this EU thing will never catch on you know^_^

Top Bottom