Campagnolo levers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnymak

Hi
Can somebody tell me what campagnolo levers these are

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190314-151411_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190314-151411_eBay.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20190314-151514_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190314-151514_eBay.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 43

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I reckon that they are 'brake levers' ... :whistle:

(Well, somebody had to post that! :laugh:)

They look quite nice. I see the pictures are from eBay - are you thinking of buying them?

Do you know what difference is with c record and chorus

As in where did they sit in the hierarchy? In which case Record / C-Record has always been more expensive than Chorus.

C-Record (Corsa Record) is, like much of Campagnolo's naming, used slightly inconsistently which makes every item on eBay a C-Record... unless it's unidentifiable in which case it's always a 'prototype' :okay: It's the equivalent of Dura Ace over Ultegra, I guess... in the periods in which they co-existed.

If you go back far enough of course, Gran Sport was Campagnolo's top-of-the-range, over Paris Roubaix and Cambio Corsa!

As for the actual differences between them, this article is both worryingly detailed and very helpful. I'd pay more attention to the levers as an indicator than the hoods, as these are readily available as replacements.

Campagnolo brakes are very confusing... there must be fifty ways to love your lever :whistle:

I'll get mi coat...

chriscross1966

Über Member
Chorus or Athena. Chorus has metal bodies, Athena has plastic. Cant be that eras Record as they would have "Made in Italy" engraved on the outside faces of the pivots. Early 8-speed or thereabouts. I guess it's possible but unlikely (just cos they're so rare) that they're Croce d'Aune, I'd need to check the pattern of the engraving on the front. If they are Croce d'Aune then they will have a long pull ratio that will feel awful with normal calipers but ok with cantis etc and the Deltas they were intended for.

It’s Athena, believe me!
Just curious - what's the defining characteristic from the photos? AFAIK the main difference between Chorus and Athena is in metal vs plastic bodies - but the only bit of plastic I can see in the pics is the quick release stop which I thought would have been plastic on both? I know it's a common problem with eBay stuff, as I alluded to above, so would love to know what to look out for.

Top Bottom