Campagnolo Zonda - 24mm front - 28mm rear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slow down

The measurements refer to the height of the rim, not the width.

shooter560

I have a set of these, yes the measurements are rim depth not width.

As for use, personally I love them, very tough wearing, smooth and stay true even after given a hammering over very rough roads/tracks. I've now put over 4k miles on mine this year and other than a clean up and a slight adjustment on the front hub they have not been touched. Even better I was able to get them in Shimano fitment, and they have only been super seeded in my stable by the new Dura Ace wheels I got for racing, though when its wet they are on the bike.

I've got no hesitation in getting another set for next year, and I can't recommend them enough.

Will1985

Über Member
What happened to the Dalkiias shooter?

Incidentally I met a VC Norwich rider yesterday on my way home from a loop - name was Mike and used to be a triathlete. He tried to get me to join them on Saturdays!

Will1985

Über Member
P.S. I too have a set of Zondas - noticeable difference in acceleration compared to Ventos. Pretty bomb proof rims which like shooters' have been treated to the uneven highways we call roads here in Norfolk!

shooter560

Will1985 said:
What happened to the Dalkiias shooter?

Incidentally I met a VC Norwich rider yesterday on my way home from a loop - name was Mike and used to be a triathlete. He tried to get me to join them on Saturdays!

Hi ya Will :smile:

Dalkiia's are now on the TT bike predominately, they don't get as much use as I'd like but I can't ride all the bikes at once.

Yep the Sat ride is always fun, remember the pace of the 2nd half of the hundred, well add a few mph and hold that for at least 30 miles and you know what its like, but I'm sure if I can hold my own most of the time so can you. The fast group on Sun isn't a lot different to the Sat ride now either.

RedBike

Great wheels.

You can get lighter and or more areodynamic wheels for the same sort of money (Reynolds Solitude) but there's few wheelsets that are anywhere near as well made.

I've just given my rather used set to another cyclechat member so she can continue to train over winter.

I will no doubt be replacing them with the same!

OP
OP
Van Nick

Van Nick

Thanks RedBike,

Probably a silly question, but are the rear Zonda wheels as strong as the front ones ? The rear wheels obviously have very large gaps between the G3 spoke groups.

Secondly, do you happen to know if spare spokes for Zondas are readily available ?

I did a quick Google, but couldn't find anyone who stocked them.

RedBike

My wheels were the 06 versions so they were quite a bit different.

I never had any trouble with the Zondas. The rear wheel always felt very stiff. However, irronically the conventionaly spoked front wheel would flex a bit when you got out of the saddle.

I broke a spoke while transporting the wheels to a race in the car. My local store had no trouble ordering in a spare.

I would hartely recommend the Zondas.

trio25

Über Member
I now have Zondas on my bike, thanks to redbike for donating them to me so my winter roadie is no longer a dead trap. They've seemed fine on the couple of rides I have been out on them. But not sure I could tell the difference.

Will1985

Über Member
I've just broken my rear Zonda - moving away from some lights I was pushing hard and heard a bang. The derailleur had snapped off and went over the top with the chain and into the spokes, stopping when it hit the seatstay. One spoke completely snapped off, another is bent and 2 more are twisted.

I now have one very out of true wheel - will let you know the progress once I've spoken to LBS. Luckily I think my insurance will cover the wheel repair but not the derailleur.

Top Bottom