Camping in Holland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Nature Campsites. https://www.natuurkampeerterreinen.nl/en/ . Any idea where you want to go?

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I am off for 2 weeeks to the NL in August with my daughters. The first week I’ve booked a holiday camp which is my idea of hell (Duinrell) but it is a lot of fun for them. I’ll have plenty of time to do my own thing when they are older. The second week we will just wing it.

Most towns have a good small campsite but nothing really outstanding. I used ones on the North Sea Coastal Route map. The best location was on the island of Vlieland which is car free. Texel has a small farmhouse campsite in the south close to the ferry port. The Texel to Vlieland crossing is by small boat then beach bus.

U

User169

https://www.delftsehout.co.uk/ Is a lovely site. Out of town but 5 minutes ride from Delft centre. They also do some lovely little challets if you fancy that.

The wooden igloos are cool.

Hi,

Once you're camping in season there are no shortage of campsites in Holland. I'd second the recommendation to look out for mini-campings, but also search for camping bij de boer (on farm campsites). These are typically smaller, family operated and generally very friendly & welcoming.

Watch out for the bigger Vakantieparks, sometimes these are nor the best set-up for cyclists with tents.

Ask about showers when checking in, most will require a special coin and some will provide toilet paper, others not.

I've never had a problem rolling up to a campsite without a reservation (1 or 2 people, 1 tent).

Out of season choice is limited, but still doable. Then definitely watch out for the bigger Vakantieparks because a lot provide accommodation for migrant workers with the result that the atmosphere is different.

Frank

U

User169

I am off for 2 weeeks to the NL in August with my daughters. The first week I’ve booked a holiday camp which is my idea of hell (Duinrell) but it is a lot of fun for them. I’ll have plenty of time to do my own thing when they are older. The second week we will just wing it.

I’ve camped there and it was ok tbh. The tikibad is blimmin ace!

Sixmile

Veteran
I had actually searched for glamping in Holland this morning strangely enough. Our route is taking us through The Hague, Rotterdam, Utrecht, Amsterdam. I couldn't find much anywhere near our route, plus what I did find required a minimum of 3 nights stay, whereas it'll be an overnight for us and moving on.

toffee

Guru
I had actually searched for glamping in Holland this morning strangely enough. Our route is taking us through The Hague, Rotterdam, Utrecht, Amsterdam. I couldn't find much anywhere near our route, plus what I did find required a minimum of 3 nights stay, whereas it'll be an overnight for us and moving on.

We did a weeks tour round southern Holland last year. I found some campsites on the web before we went but we just turned up on the day without booking ahead. There was no problem with getting a pitch.

Top Bottom