Camsters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thomk

Guru
Humans are mammals. You can't 'revert' from one to the other.

Thank you for the correction but I think I was trying to describe the movement toward and away from accepted civilised behaviour and it's correlation with anonymity. I wasn't literally imagining some sort of horrific werewolf scenario.

Thomk

Guru
That is likely to only do so much, some people have common names and others don't.
What is being human nature and what is being mammal?
I don't see anyone jumping out of bushes and attacking others (mammal)
but i do see people sticking up for their safety and right to be on the road (human)

I'm not sure if you thought I was criticising contributors on this forum. My intention was in fact to explain my theory on why some drivers behave so badly toward cyclists. The mention of anonymity on forums was simply another example of where I thought the move away from anonymity might improve politeness and good behaviour. No criticism of anyone here was intended. I visit other fora (forums?) where real names are used, many of the people know or know of each other and the debates do not sink nearly as low.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I'm not sure if you thought I was criticising contributors on this forum. My intention was in fact to explain my theory on why some drivers behave so badly toward cyclists. The mention of anonymity on forums was simply another example of where I thought the move away from anonymity might improve politeness and good behaviour. No criticism of anyone here was intended. I visit other fora (forums?) where real names are used, many of the people know or know of each other and the debates do not sink nearly as low.

Ooooh i see, got the wrong end of the stick.

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
I would suggest that the main reason for the change in attitude is that the drivers have been made aware by managers that they are increasing likely to be filmed. I am convinced that the single simple thing which would improve behaviour towards cyclists is if all commuter cyclists started wearing cams and other road users were made aware of it.
Aw, don't spoil it. I like to believe that they are reasonable human beings who are just trying to do a job and actually take pride in doing it well. Surely that's right isn't it?

...now there is the option to make money on you tube videos, does that add another slant?

I'm curious if any of the youtube 'camsters' that have signed up, make on it? Could it change your attitude on the road? Is it per 'hit'?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
...now there is the option to make money on you tube videos, does that add another slant?

I'm curious if any of the youtube 'camsters' that have signed up, make on it? Could it change your attitude on the road? Is it per 'hit'?

You get money if someone clicks on the advert.
The amount you get per add click is pennies and the amount of people that click on adverts is minimal.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
You get money if someone clicks on the advert.
The amount you get per add click is pennies and the amount of people that click on adverts is minimal.

Whats to stop you clicking on the add yourself...like 1000 times a day?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Whats to stop you clicking on the add yourself...like 1000 times a day?
In the agreement that you have to agree to before being allowed to display adverts it states that you are not allowed to click on your own adverts. If you are found to be doing it then you will be removed from the scheme.

BSRU

A Human Being

The adverts on a few of my video's are the ones added by YouTube when I have uploaded a video with "copyrighted" music or added music using YouTube's audioswap facility.
Any money generated from those goes to the copyright holder.

The adverts on a few of my video's are the ones added by YouTube when I have uploaded a video with "copyrighted" music or added music using YouTube's audioswap facility.
Any money generated from those goes to the copyright holder.

There is ANOTHER ad scheme you can join (not the music one). I think it's slowly being offered to everyone.

If people are saying it's only pennies why bother? It's just another annoying ad for your viewers that covers up part of the video. Or are people thinking....cha-ching!!!:whistle:

BSRU

A Human Being
There is ANOTHER ad scheme you can join (not the music one). I think it's slowly being offered to everyone.

I would prefer no adds at all but trying to find music that YouTube does not think is copyrighted is virtually impossible. Plus since I have no musical talent and extremely unlikely to write any music of my own, allowing ads so the copyright owner gets a few pennies is something I do not object to.

If I were that bothered I would just pay for Vimeo and upload to that site instead.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
If people are saying it's only pennies why bother? It's just another annoying ad for your viewers that covers up part of the video. Or are people thinking....cha-ching!!!:whistle:

You can close the ad so it doesn't cover up the video.
I tend to put it on the videos i think will be popular.

Top Bottom