Can I convert wheel to Disc brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Two of my road bikes still have sew ups fitted . Running at about 120 psi . Spare tub fitted under the saddle with old toe straps when out and about . I tend to use rim tape as apposed to cement . Less of a high when fitting ! and i don't end glued to the rim.

And more respect!

You old timers need to start a "Proper Cyclists ride Tubs" thread!

OP
OP
M

Mart79

What an absolute pain in the backside they are to get off.

Attachments

• F6335535-3F9B-4CCC-A059-9A3A67BFDD1A.jpeg
    F6335535-3F9B-4CCC-A059-9A3A67BFDD1A.jpeg
    200.9 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
M

Mart79

Now has a 27.5x2.10 tyre on.

Attachments

• 326B4E41-A97F-4197-8298-541D72298FAA.jpeg
    326B4E41-A97F-4197-8298-541D72298FAA.jpeg
    209.5 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
M

Mart79

Just been out for a ride with the 2.10 on, rides well, under closer inspection though the tyre hasn’t clipped onto the edge of the rim in places, (expected the inner tube to push it onto it. But I did put the inner tube in from the bike with the 2.10 tyre on, should I have put the inner tube in from the wider tyre, or would that have just forced the tyre off the rim altogether

OP
OP
M

Mart79

Looking at the inner tube from the 2.8 tyre....... no I was right in putting the 2.10 inner tube in.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Just been out for a ride with the 2.10 on, rides well, under closer inspection though the tyre hasn’t clipped onto the edge of the rim in places, (expected the inner tube to push it onto it. But I did put the inner tube in from the bike with the 2.10 tyre on, should I have put the inner tube in from the wider tyre, or would that have just forced the tyre off the rim altogether
Pump it up to to a very high pressure so it seats on the rim, then reduce to your normal riding pressure. Tube doesn't really matter, but right size for the tyre is best so you have done it right, although tube from 2.8 tyre is probably same size as from the 2.2 one, tubes cover a range of tyre sizes - look at what is written on it.

Or a couple of blunt knifes out the cutterly drawer?!?! I won’t tell the wife tho 🤣🤣
seriously use proper tyre levers or you risk knackering the wheel rim and tyre.

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
M

Mart79

The inner tube for the 2.8 tyre that was on has 2.8-3.0 printed on the inner tube. Looking at the width of the rim it probably would be better but with the tyre being 2.10 I would of thought it would just force the tyre off the rim?

OP
OP
M

Mart79

Just let the air out to make sure there were no twists in the tyre, and now pumped up to very high pressure, resulting in a couple of clicking type sounds, the tyre looks to have now clipped onto the edge of the rim all the way round.

OP
OP
M

Mart79

Job done, 2.10 tyres on. Rolling really well. All popped into the rim, rear tyre went now better than the front.
Just been out to test ride and not as much resistance there as I felt there was with the 2.8’s on.

OP
OP
M

Mart79

Very happy now, didn’t think the 2.10 would look ok on the vendetta, and was slowly getting more and more pee’d I’d bought a bike with fat tyres in the 1st place.

Anyone wanna buy a couple of nearly new 27.5 x 2.8 Kenda tyres including inner tubes?

OP
OP
M

Mart79

Damn, the front inner tube has a puncture, can’t hear any air escaping so must be a slow puncture. Will have to pick up another inner tube later they are cheap enough.

However the pin inside the valve is slightly higher than the actual valve itself. So maybe where the air is escaping

Top Bottom