Can I take my mudgaurds off my bike yet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve H

Large Member
Not yet. It's still winter!

I plan to take mine off on the first day of Spring, ie a couple of weeks time. Mudguards are really useful, but do make my bike fugly. I look forward to the day I can get a winter bike where the guards can stay on all year long leaving my best bike free for dry weather rides.

Kies

I took my mtb style guards off the hybrid for a few days - bike was looking pretty :smile:

screenman

Legendary Member
The guards on my Kinesis Rd bike snapped again so that made the decision for me, and I was the only rider in the chaingang so they weren't doing much good in guarding me.

Extremely bad form not to have mudguards when riding with a chain gang, or any group ride for that matter. Whanabe or sportive racers with no history of our sport.

Extremely bad form not to have mudguards when riding with a chain gang, or any group ride for that matter. Whanabe or sportive racers with no history of our sport.

Your sport? :laugh:
Any chance it can become ours as well? We are willing to pay, you know?

For what is worth, if it's extremely bad form not to have mudguards on, then so it is my team's etiquette.. Damn! And I thought we were a great club! :becool:

postman

Legendary Member
I don't think i can put fenders on my Secteur Elite,Fenders that's the American word.Why have i used it cos every thing now is Americanised innit,from back to front baseball caps,'effing arm and hand movements and those oh soooo silly trousers that hang below the arsene wenger line.Oh and every little scum bag wants to be James Gagney or George Raft.
Gawd 'elp us all.

You need a bike which cannot accept mudguards and you need one which is designed to accept mudguards and wears them permanently. Simples.
+1 on this. My road bike doesn't accept guards but my CX does. I'll leave the mudguards on the CX and use that when miserable and the road bike when fine.

Don't take your mudguards off - I made the mistake of doing that in last March's fine spell. It then proceeded to persistantly rain for the next 3 months!!

yello

You need a bike which cannot accept mudguards and you need one which is designed to accept mudguards and wears them permanently. Simples.

Darn you mickle! ;)

I was planning to respond that the answer was not to take mudguards off but to buy another bike. You don't need a reason to 'N+1' but a reason never hurts!

Top Bottom