Can somebody share pictures of a Nexus Alfine please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MahatmaAndhi

Hi all,

Today when I was out riding on my Roux G8, something happened to my gears which left me with just one, 10 miles from home.
Near the hub where the outer cable ends is a 'stopper' (not sure what the correct term is). Whatever was there that prevented the outer cable from going through it has somehow disappeared.
I'm guessing that it's a something like a barrel adjuster. I want to replace it, but want to try and ensure that I get the correct part. I'm sure a barrel adjuster will make do if necessary. But I'd rather get the correct part.

You can see in the image below how I jammed the outer cable against the stopper to give me a better gear to get home with (without doing this, it was stuck in 1st and span out at about 8mph). What am I missing?

6kdYlCVl.jpg

Big version:

Thanks!

OP
OP
MahatmaAndhi

MahatmaAndhi

Update: I found the problem. The ferrule on the end of the cable was plastic and managed to scrape through the hole and get stuck further up the cable. The 'stopper' on the cassette joint has worn down, so I have a new one of those on the way from SJS. I also have a new cable on the way which I will fit with a metal outer to prevent future instances.

Top Bottom