Can tight calf muscles cause foot numbness?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
I was just wondering if tight calf muscles can cause any foot numbness, and would like to hear CC forum members' experiences of this, if you don't mind sharing them.

Regards & thanks,
--- Victor.

Yes. Rather not tight, but effectively a spasm/ trigger point. I have it now, though not causing numbness, but an inflamed metatarsal joint. The muscle is now pulling through tendons to the tip of my toe, causing compression in that joint. The solution is a combination of stretching, and self massage (myofascial release), thought it can take some time (couple of days of intermittent stretching).

The cause in my case was doing power tests on a Watt bike.

OP
OP
Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
The feeling eventually completely returned in my left foot, but it took so long I only just now realised it had returned. I have no idea of the cause of the partial numbness, though.

SoCalMTBr

The feeling eventually completely returned in my left foot, but it took so long I only just now realised it had returned. I have no idea of the cause of the partial numbness, though.
Have you solved your partial foot numbness issue? I just started having the same issue 3 weeks ago after some extra hard riding hills (even though I've been riding 5-6 days a week, at least 2-3 hours each ride for the past 2 years with no hint of an issue before) I don't notice so much on my bike but I do notice most of the time off the bike, yet not 100% of the time.

OP
OP
Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Have you solved your partial foot numbness issue? I just started having the same issue 3 weeks ago after some extra hard riding hills (even though I've been riding 5-6 days a week, at least 2-3 hours each ride for the past 2 years with no hint of an issue before) I don't notice so much on my bike but I do notice most of the time off the bike, yet not 100% of the time.
Sorry, no idea what caused it. It hasn't returned since then.

Top Bottom