Can we still have the new look CC skin?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danny

Legendary Member
When the retro CC skin becomes available will we still have an option to use the current skin?

I know it isn't to everyone's taste, but I quite like it.

potsy

Rambler
When the retro CC skin becomes available will we still have an option to use the current skin?

I know it isn't to everyone's taste, but I quite like it.

Me too,I can hardly remember what the old one looked like
wacko.gif

Although I do remember liking the old layout as it was nice and simple.

Shaun

Founder
The basic plan is to introduce the "classic" skin as a selectable preference to start with, whilst keeping the current "strong" skin as the default.

After a short period I'll rename the "strong" (current) skin and advise everyone who wants to stick with it to select it.

Shortly after I'll make the "classic" skin the site default, effectively returning CC back to it's old layout/colour scheme.

Once that's all done with, I will slowly begin reducing the number of skins available, leaving just three or four, plus the mobile skin. (Each skin needs a good deal of work when the main software is updated, so the fewer skins we have, the less impact it has on my time to re-code them all.)

Clear as mud eh? :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

OP
OP
Danny

Danny

Legendary Member
I look forward to the howls of protest you'll get at the end of this process when the "strong" skins gets replaced by the "classic" skin.

I might evem start taking odds on how many people will threaten to leave unless the "strong" skin is restored as the default :biggrin:

Shaun

Founder
To begin with yes, and the retirement of skins will be done over a longish period of time with announcements and instructions for change.

Let me get the "Classic" skin in place and optimised and we'll take it from there - slow and steady like!

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Top Bottom