Can you buy (fizik) bar tape finishing strips without the tape itself?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickAKA

Über Member
I've just swapped the flat bars on my hybrid for touring bars, but after a ride & a rethink I could do with repositioning the brakes & trigger shifters 'outward' meaning losing a few rotations of tape & redoing the finishing strips. Schoolboy error I know, should have tried it before putting the finishing tape on but there you go, you live & learn!
So the question is can you buy those finishing strips (nice logo'd fizik ones) without buying another set of tape (which will obviously then not have finishing strips, etc etc)?

Drago

Legendary Member
I reckon not. Shame, because I've just binned some Fizik and Lizard Skin ones. I wrap my tape the old fashioned way, centre outwards, so don't use the strips.

OP
OP
nickAKA

nickAKA

Über Member
I reckon not. Shame, because I've just binned some Fizik and Lizard Skin ones. I wrap my tape the old fashioned way, centre outwards, so don't use the strips.

Bugger... will have to go plain black. Not the end of the world but annoying nontheless...

vickster

Legendary Member
Tempting, but black & white bike means black or white doesn't it? Wonder if I can get some ZEBRA tape!
Of course Not! Black and white bike means you can use tape in any colour you want!

tamiya

People ask whether it is 'duck tape' or 'duct tape' ... Well, that one is both!

Yep, used to be annoying when ppl used duck/duct interchangeably until discovered this particular brand... now I direct all that Lingua-hatred towards them. :becool:

That's a US retailer, OP is from Manchester U.K. :smile:

And I'm downunder :rolleyes: have bought zebra Duck tape locally at retail stationers.

World's a small place although Postage has gone up a lot. :blush: These days The Queen's Mail is wanting over ten squid to send just a small packet of hardware; I'm told just a few decades ago, for a tenner one could've shipped a whole adult human down this way from ole London Town.

Top Bottom