Can you cycle in jeans?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I can almost guarantee the vast majority of journeys made on bicycles are made by people wearing jeans.

Norm

Probably the worst thing ever.
Unlike cycling in wet Craghopper Kiwis, which is ok. As I found out today.

They seem to dry quickly, as I only got off the bike 20 minutes ago and they are already dry. They didn't cling and they were still warm when they were wet. Good trousers, IMO.

Woz!

I cycle in whatever I have on if I happen to be popping to the shops or whatever.
However, if you have a nice white Charge Spoon saddle, don't ride it in black denim or it will get stained immediately, as I found with my new bike a few weeks ago :sad:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I confess to riding 18 miles in jeans on Monday. On a Brooks B17, without padded shorts under the jeans. Only noticed the presence of the central gathering of seams once early on.

david1701

get wranglers if you're worried about seams ;) its a horse riding thing I learnt from my sis. They put the seams in differently so you can ride (horses) in then, so are probably fine for bikes

(might be levis instead - needs a google)

PoweredByVeg

Über Member
Saw a pair of dedicated cycling jeans in a cycle mag last year, no seams around the crotch, bit more flex in the knees and a reflective strip is revealed when you fold up the leg for night times. Can't remember the brand but v.trendy.

Anyone else see them, I musn't chuck out old cycling mags, Doh!

Top Bottom