Can you do a sportive on a touring bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I think we should start a new event 'Sportive Bombing'. Turning up en-masse sans lid an un-entered to a sportive with unlikely bikes and only partaking of beer and pies, refusing gels and energy products.

The revolution will not have an online registration system or be sponsored by Wiggle ....

U

User169

I think we should start a new event 'Sportive Bombing'. Turning up en-masse sans lid an un-entered to a sportive with unlikely bikes and only partaking of beer and pies, refusing gels and energy products.

The revolution will not have an online registration system or be sponsored by Wiggle ....

Lashings of ginger beer surely for such jolly japes.

15-Springtime.jpg

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I realise now that I've accidentally "Audax Bombed" a couple of times in my bit of Cheshire. I was chatting to a fellow on a Moulton last time.

The paths of LEL (audax) and London Cambridge (charity ride) briefly crossed paths. It was definitely an odd mixture, and a lot of pleasure telling them to obey the marshals and not to follow us. "Why, where are you going?"

Not sure who was bombing whom [grammar!] though.

Top Bottom