Can you dye a fizik saddle?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jack smith

Veteran
I have a white arione saddle which does not go with my bike at all, i was thinking of dyeing it black is it possible without rubbing off?

shadow master

I don't think you'll ever keep it on there,dye will transfer onto your clothing,if you sealed it in some way it would just wear in to patches and look awful.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
There are leather dyes available but it's quite a long process as you have to clean the saddle with a prescribed cleaner, leave it to dry, do it again and possibly a third time to make sure that any sealants on the saddle are all removed. Then you dye it, leave it to dry for a couple of days then do it again, leave it to dry.
It's a heck of a faff to do it properly. I looked into it for my Selle Italia. My white saddle doesn't go with my black and green bike but it's staying white (ish)

Rob H

Eat, Sleep, Climb, Repeat
I have a white arione saddle which does not go with my bike at all, i was thinking of dyeing it black is it possible without rubbing off?

What about going white bar tape? May be cheaper option aesthetically?

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
What about going white bar tape? May be cheaper option aesthetically?

Not when you have to keep shelling out for replacement white bar tape (because it will get grubby real quick).

Tried before had it up on the facebook pages too with no luck!
Lately due to broken wrist I have been using a turbo for the last 5 weeks and realised as i have been suspecting for a little while my backside really does not like my one year old black Arione with kium rails, it is not the saddle for me, as in Fizik terms I am a stiff old bull, not a snake and have wide site bones ( 145mm) and found my wifes, womens specific saddle actually suits me a lot better. So I am thinking of changing it for a Aliante or maybe something else. If your saddle is in good condition I would be prepared to swap it or just sell you mine. However I live in Essex but will be a bit closer on the weekend of 7th of March in Preston, visiting my daughter at University. ( UCLAN). But probably still too far to be worth driving over for. Message me if interested at all.

Top Bottom