Can you identify the make and model of this frame?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm having problems identifying this frame. Can anyone help identify the model?
image.jpg
image.jpg

david k

Hi
Sorry no but looks very 80s with the colour scheme, have you tried google images?

accountantpete

Brexiteer
I had a "Benotto" like that (lug work ) - It was basically a bog-standard 70/80's english bike with new stickers.

Best check the quality/make of the drop-outs and the BB shell - it should give a makers name if they are any good. I also like to see the frame-makers name on the top of the seat stay and the Ace Of Spades on the forks.

After that, if you are happy, it is back to the old catalogues and the weight/ping test to see what material it is made from.

Last edited:

Citius

Doesn't bear any of the usual Colnago hallmarks that you would expect to see, so unlikely to be one. Without any other ID markings, it could be anything. Mudguard eyes suggest it is more likely to be a light tourer, rather than a race frame.

midlife

Guru
Lugs look a bit Grandini like, not a colnago but the braze on guides on the head lug rings a bell ...... Going to have a think

Shaun

Citius

Lugwork is no proof of ID though. I had a frame built with Cinelli lugs once, it wasn't a Cinelli though ;)

midlife

Guru
AFAIK Grandini made lugs rather like prugnat, nervex, Bocama made lugs. Must check as my memory isn't what it was lol

Shaun

OP
OP
R

Rainorshine365

Regular
Any No's on the bottom bracket, looks a nice frame though, lugs like that suggest decent tubing to me.
Yes, see the attached picture. It's not a Colnago frame, I'm sure of this. But it has Campy dropouts and is lightweight. Anyone know what sort of weight a Reynolds 531 frame is? The first letter of the frame number appears to be R.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 27
Top Bottom