Can you please return my ..............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gary r

Guru
What items have you lent, and never seen again? Besides the usual books/ dvd's and CD's.heres my list

weber BBQ
Double extension ladder
Specialized track pump
A sofa ( don't ask)
Not mine,but my wife's brand new coat I bought her for her birthday ! She lent it to her cousin to wear home one evening and never saw it again!!!! Grrrrrr

The specialized track pump went out on loan a few weeks ago,to a mate who had a flat car tyre ! He is now in Afghanistan with the army for 6 months !!!!

TVC

It may seem soppy, but I gave my heart to someone on 25th December last year, but on boxing day they gave it to someone else.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Only three items from my AWOL list are truly missed

They are all LPs

Ranting Lads by the High Level Ranters
The last of the Travelling Pipers by Felix Doran
Brendan Voyage by Liam O'Flynn

TVC

The only thing I've lent but never had returned is money. Just the once. He's no longer my friend, and I no longer lend friends money.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
A ladder roof hook
My umbrella
One of those plastic oil catchers for changing oil in cars
Phaedra LP
A portable cassette recorder
My fishing kit, all of it, basket, rods, floats, nets and everything
Money
Various small tools
At least two of those 5 litre plastic petrol containers
Some big plastic water containers

I think I must be a soft touch.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
It may seem soppy, but I gave my heart to someone on 25th December last year, but on boxing day they gave it to someone else.

Is this true or a gag? If its true, it's really sad.

Reactions: TVC

Sandra6

Veteran
I lent someone a book, and in return they lent me one, in 1995. I still have their book, not sure if they still have mine.
I lent someone a moses basket and they gave it to somebody else.
Mr6 lent his brother's girlfriend a coat to wear home and about a month after they split up we bumped into her in town -wearing his coat!

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
This was posted a few weeks ago else where but its on topic.

I was given for my birthday one year the album Venus & Mars by Wings. It was a single vinyl record but it was in a double gatefold album, and the inner sleeve had a colourful graphic design on it too. Inside there were two large B&W poster plus two colourful stickers to put on...wherever really.

My best friend and I would often lend each other our vinyl record so that we could record them on to cassettes, which is what I did with this one. In fact he recorded two tapes, one for him and one for me. I left the album with him and I would collect it in a couple of days. I think it was the summer of 1976.

A couple of days later I went to collect the album and tape, and as I went round the back of my mates mums house, I saw his motor bike was outside, a blue Honda CB 175, which meant he was home. As I walked round to the door I had to pass the other side of his bike, and I noticed that he had the same two Venus & Mars stickers on the side panels of his Honda. Funny, I thought, he must have bought the album after all.

Anyway I went into the house, had a coffee, chewed the fat a bit then I asked if he recorded the album, he had, I said "why did you buy it"? "I didn't" says he. " "but you've got the stickers on your side panels" says I. Then I realised. He's only gone and knicked my stickers and put them on HIS bike. My gasted was flabbered! I could not believe his cheek, and quite frankly I was more than a little urinated off with him for it. Not only that he had put the two B&W posters up on his bedroom wall. Well I had them back a bit sharpish, still got them somewhere, but the stickers where buggered. He did apologise when he saw how upset I was, but I never let him forget it for over 30 years.

Anyway fast forward 33 &1/3 years, I was perusing the shelves of a British Heart foundation charity shop and low & behold there was a Venus and Mars album in vinyl. Not only that it was complete with the stickers and posters and the record and sleeve was in good nick too. £2.00 they wanted for it, I only snatched their hand off didn't I ? I paid the money and could not get out of the shop quick enough.

When I got home I phoned my mate, Wayne, and told him about it and we had a good laugh about it. I have the vinyl album here sitting next to me as I type this story. My best friend died last April of cancer 54 he was.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I lent one of my favourite t shirts to a girl friend. Her sister borrowed it and was involved in an accident. The hospital had to cut the shirt off her. I was given the t shirt back as rags!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I loaned my George Harrison LP 33 1/3 to a school pal called Jenny a long while back, in the late 70s, I would like it back. I keep meaning to replace it on CD but have never quite got around to it.

I have loaned money to friends but I never expect to get it back so if I do, its a bonus. If a friend is in such need that they need to borrow £20 or so, they can have it with our blessing.

I loaned a horse out once, I did get him back but it took 2 years and a big legal bill.

Bike leathers
Set of snap-on spanners (loaned to the ex husband :gun: )
Sword
3 peice suite.

Top Bottom