Can you please return my ..............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matthat

Über Member
This was posted a few weeks ago else where but its on topic.

I was given for my birthday one year the album Venus & Mars by Wings. It was a single vinyl record but it was in a double gatefold album, and the inner sleeve had a colourful graphic design on it too. Inside there were two large B&W poster plus two colourful stickers to put on...wherever really.

My best friend and I would often lend each other our vinyl record so that we could record them on to cassettes, which is what I did with this one. In fact he recorded two tapes, one for him and one for me. I left the album with him and I would collect it in a couple of days. I think it was the summer of 1976.

A couple of days later I went to collect the album and tape, and as I went round the back of my mates mums house, I saw his motor bike was outside, a blue Honda CB 175, which meant he was home. As I walked round to the door I had to pass the other side of his bike, and I noticed that he had the same two Venus & Mars stickers on the side panels of his Honda. Funny, I thought, he must have bought the album after all.

Anyway I went into the house, had a coffee, chewed the fat a bit then I asked if he recorded the album, he had, I said "why did you buy it"? "I didn't" says he. " "but you've got the stickers on your side panels" says I. Then I realised. He's only gone and knicked my stickers and put them on HIS bike. My gasted was flabbered! I could not believe his cheek, and quite frankly I was more than a little urinated off with him for it. Not only that he had put the two B&W posters up on his bedroom wall. Well I had them back a bit sharpish, still got them somewhere, but the stickers where buggered. He did apologise when he saw how upset I was, but I never let him forget it for over 30 years.

Anyway fast forward 33 &1/3 years, I was perusing the shelves of a British Heart foundation charity shop and low & behold there was a Venus and Mars album in vinyl. Not only that it was complete with the stickers and posters and the record and sleeve was in good nick too. £2.00 they wanted for it, I only snatched their hand off didn't I ? I paid the money and could not get out of the shop quick enough.

When I got home I phoned my mate, Wayne, and told him about it and we had a good laugh about it. I have the vinyl album here sitting next to me as I type this story. My best friend died last April of cancer 54 he was.
Nice story sorry to hear about your lifelong friend!!

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Nice story sorry to hear about your lifelong friend!!

Thanks Matthat.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I've got a copy of that. And no, its not yours.

If it's like this it's mine...

a0ef_1.JPG

If it's like this, you're a pervert...

%2524%2528KGrHqQOKpsE5WmDCMppBOgDO2vu8%2521%257E%257E60_12.jpe

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
eh? It was written by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards

Rip-off rubbish, like most of their stuff!

Some brand new black and gold hooped Wolverhampton Wanderers football socks - my mate borrowed them and in return gave me a similar but badly faded pair with big holes in them. I interpreted this as a temporary arrangement whereas he in retrospect thought it was a straight swap...

Sara_H

Guru
Someone, somewhere, has my wallpaper steamer. I don't know who has it, but I'd like it back.

On the other hand, Ian accross the road leant me a camping stove and gas bottle five years ago. It's still in my garage. I think Ian has moved away.

We also have an Age 9 - 10 Liverpool waterproof jacket, left behind at my son's birthaday party. No one has ever claimed it, so son uses it as a backup jacket!

Chromatic

Legendary Member
If it's like this it's mine...

a0ef_1.JPG

If it's like this, you're a pervert...

%2524%2528KGrHqQOKpsE5WmDCMppBOgDO2vu8%2521%257E%257E60_12.jpe
Neither of those ring a bell, perhaps I haven't got what you're talking about. I've had a quick google and I can't find anything that looks familiar, I'm going to have to dig it out and have a look, I think its a yellow vinyl 12" thing as far as I remember, I'll have a look tonight if I remember and report back. So until I check I am neither a thief or a pervert.
Anyway 3BM is of course correct, Devo's version of Satisfaction is the best by a country mile.

Edit
More googling has resulted in me finding what I have, it is this:
220px-Devo-BeStiffEP.jpg
Be Stiff EP

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Can I have my several hundred pounds back please? That's £s, not lbs ...

Subbed to a student that I knew in the Midlands for nights out at the pub during his university days. I wasn't too bothered that he didn't volunteer to repay the cash, until I found out that he went on to made a killing working at a City bank in the late 80s/early 90s! :cursing:

Top Bottom