Can you recommend an Android tablet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
It is really is a shame because their hardware/specs are top of the range, but the touchwiz overlay/bloatware on android is not for me either. I am considering a nexus 6 which I believe is made by motorola. My S4 currently has a smashed screen but there is no phone I really want to upgrade to this year. If anyone suggests an Iphone you will be on my sh*t list :biggrin:

Yes I hate TouchWiz I used Nova Launcher when I had my S3.

I just ordered the Moto X 32Gb. Motorola are currently have an offer on their website until the 30th June the Moto X 16Gb is £229 the 32Gb is £269 and the Nexus 6 is £399 all sim free and you can customise the Moto X with Moto Maker.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I've got a Samsung Tab 2 10 or whatever it's called. It's ok. Can be slow, screen's not great but if I'm out all day, it's better than staring at the small screen on the phone. A friend got a Nexus 7 at around the same time and at first I was jealous and kicking myself for making the wrong choice, but she's had nothing but trouble with hers for months while my Samsung keeps on keeping on. It's a workhorse, her Nexus is a broken-down race horse.

Yes some people have had quality issues with the nexus 7, mine went back under warranty as it wouldn't boot but it is fine now and just as fast as when I got it.

stephec

Legendary Member
Since I got my Hudl 2 I've used it for everything. I only use my pc when I want to print something. It's synced with the pc and my android phone with Google.

So I upload my ride onto strava from the phone then look at it on here.

Half price with Tesco vouchers.
I was going to say something similar.

My little girl's got a Hudl2 and it's spot on.

OP
OP
Spoked Wheels

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
It is really is a shame because their hardware/specs are top of the range, but the touchwiz overlay/bloatware on android is not for me either. I am considering a nexus 6 which I believe is made by motorola. My S4 currently has a smashed screen but there is no phone I really want to upgrade to this year. If anyone suggests an Iphone you will be on my sh*t list :biggrin:

Can't you root it and remove all the bloatware?

I've had a Samsung Notes phone for two years and it's excellent.

RitchieJoe

I've had a Samsung Notes phone for two years and it's excellent.

To fully remove touchwiz you would need to flash a custom rom. But since samsung have started to sell devices which contains samsung knox, any device tampering will trip the knox counter and void the warranty.

yello

It's what I do as a matter of course. I did it to my phone and my tablet. And the tablet is a Nexus 7 so not much bloat was on it anyway! Neither run the stock ROM either.

I do it because I want full control over my devices, and to give myself freedom of app choice. But mostly because it's what I do!

Top Bottom