Can you recommend an Android tablet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wafer

Veteran
Had a Galaxy Note 10.1 for a couple years but it went back twice in warranty then died a few months ago so ditched it and despite wanting to avoid Samsung due to those issues ended up getting a Samsung TabPRO 10.1 and to be fair it's been fine so far. Better screen than the old one and a standard USB connection instead of a silly proprietary thing. Only annoyance is the button on the bezel is where I want to put my hand when holding it. The old tablet didn't have a physical button, was just something that always appeared on the bottom of the screen, which I preferred.

Got that for £250 at the start of April.

Was looking at an LG G Pad 8.3, but it just wasn't well priced compared to the TabPRO with the larger screen.

Unimaginative

Über Member
Having used several android tablets, I'd recommend a Microsoft surface instead if that's in budget. For a mobile phone android is great, but at 10" and greater having the equivalent of a full laptop and the ability to use any windows application (including steam) is hard to beat.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I'm an Anbdoird fanboy... got a Samsung Galaxy 3 8-incher (oo'er) a couple of years ago. I was great a t first, an easy match for Mrs Fnaar's ipad mini... but in recent months has slowed to a crawl... I need to take everything off and reinstall, but haven't got round to it. So if it's any use to you, it was great at first :smile:

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I'm an Anbdoird fanboy... got a Samsung Galaxy 3 8-incher (oo'er) a couple of years ago. I was great a t first, an easy match for Mrs Fnaar's ipad mini... but in recent months has slowed to a crawl... I need to take everything off and reinstall, but haven't got round to it. So if it's any use to you, it was great at first :smile:

This is why I got the Nexus 7 32Gb it has loads of storage and it is still just as fast 2 years later, the samsungs just seem to get slower and slower for me. I guess I just like to fill them with Apps.

These days I just seem to use the phone I might just sell the tablet as I have the Moto X winging its way to me as we speak so I cant see me using the tablet much.

LG pad of some sort here too. Think it's 8" but not sure as I rarely get to use it since my daughter got her hands on it and it's not to hand at the moment.
Seemed a decent balance of specs/£ when bought at startof last year and no problems at all with it.

Katherine

Guru
Since I got my Hudl 2 I've used it for everything. I only use my pc when I want to print something. It's synced with the pc and my android phone with Google.

So I upload my ride onto strava from the phone then look at it on here.

Half price with Tesco vouchers.

RitchieJoe

I would go with a nexus device. samsung devices tend to slow down, it is widespread across their tablets and mobile phones. ( hence why I'm not getting the galaxy s6)

I now feel I made the wrong decision. I hace a SONY Xperia tablet and matching Xperia phone. They work well together, both give me performance that I find adequate and both operate well via dslrDashboard.

RitchieJoe

I agree I went from Samsung to Motorola phones for this reason, that and the fact Samsung cover everything in crapware and are twice the price.

It is really is a shame because their hardware/specs are top of the range, but the touchwiz overlay/bloatware on android is not for me either. I am considering a nexus 6 which I believe is made by motorola. My S4 currently has a smashed screen but there is no phone I really want to upgrade to this year. If anyone suggests an Iphone you will be on my sh*t list :biggrin:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I've got a Samsung Tab 2 10 or whatever it's called. It's ok. Can be slow, screen's not great but if I'm out all day, it's better than staring at the small screen on the phone. A friend got a Nexus 7 at around the same time and at first I was jealous and kicking myself for making the wrong choice, but she's had nothing but trouble with hers for months while my Samsung keeps on keeping on. It's a workhorse, her Nexus is a broken-down race horse.

Top Bottom