Can you recommend me some new shoes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
I've not worn proper cycling shoes, but have been wearing trainer type shoes without laces. However, peddle pressure is making the bottoms of my feet feel bruised all the time. Oddly, I can't use spd's due to an irrational fear of being restrained in any way what so ever. So would like to know of a nice shoe with a stiff sole that would be suitable for cycling. My budget would be up to about £70. Any recommendations for me?

MattHB

Proud Daddy
The specialized body geometry ones are great. I'm well chuffed with mine. Retail price was about £70, LBS let me have them for £55

MattHB

Proud Daddy
I got the sport MTB SPD shoes myself, as I have to walk from the bike lockup at work to my office and didn't want to walk on the cleats. Plus I preferred the style.

I have that stupid metatarsal nerve problem which leaves me with numb toes and these cured it instantly.

OP
OP
GetAGrip

GetAGrip

I got the sport MTB SPD shoes myself, as I have to walk from the bike lockup at work to my office and didn't want to walk on the cleats. Plus I preferred the style.

I have that stupid metatarsal nerve problem which leaves me with numb toes and these cured it instantly.
Good point, thanks for that. I'll pop back to the site... again

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
anything but Sidi (says the fool that's on his way through his sixth pair). Overpriced, and not easy to maintain

SIDI. They're great!

OP
OP
GetAGrip

GetAGrip

SISI cycling shoes are very high tech and certainly look fab, no, beautiful even! Alas, they are far beyond my available budget. What a porper hey!

OP
OP
GetAGrip

GetAGrip

Thanks all, I know more today than I did yesterday about what I need to get tomorrow!

Top Bottom