Can you relate to Froome?I

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Citius

Loads of people watch it on ITV4. I did too. But while watching it on ITV4, I learnt nothing about whether or not Froome would be prepared to do a lead-out for a non-existent Sky sprinter.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Loads of people watch it on ITV4. I did too. But while watching it on ITV4, I learnt nothing about whether or not Froome would be prepared to do a lead-out for a non-existent Sky sprinter.
I didnt learn it from there or eurosport either. Its my personal opinion that he wouldnt.........lump it

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
It's my personal opinion that you are talking out of your ar5e. Lump it. :smile:
Well done yet again for making the thread personal - its quite obvious that only your opinion counts and nobody else is allowed to have one.

You really are wonderfully inspiring chap

Citius

Well done yet again for making the thread personal - its quite obvious that only your opinion counts and nobody else is allowed to have one.

You really are wonderfully inspiring chap

Of course you can have an opinion, old chap - it's what the internet was made for. Don't expect me to agree with it though - if I think you or anyone else is talking bollox, I'll say so. Hope that's ok :smile:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Based on no evidence whatsoever, I reckon could easy have Froome in a Belgian beer-off, but Wiggins might prove more of a handful.

I'd be happy to be the lead out man; sink a couple of Duvels and maybe a few Westmalle Dubbels then move swiftly to the back of the bar and let you storm in with all De Molens blazing for the final sprint.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Back in the day when there were scarcely any British road cyclists I would choose my favourites pretty arbitrarily just because I liked them, nothing to do with nationality. I still do. I'll be darned if I'll be told that I should favour such and such a cyclist just because they are, or claim to be, British.

Froome's a fine rider. Not a favourite of mine, I don't support him or Sky. I don't see why I should.

Now Cav, on the other hand ...

OP
OP
bikeman66

bikeman66

It's absolutely bloody staggering (but unfortunately not unbelievable) that once again, an original post asking a perfectly reasonable question, which was perhaps intended to spark a topical debate, and to be fair has produced some interesting angles and opinions, should be hijacked by a small minority who just want to slag others off.

If that is what you want to do, just wait until early September, then go and find the nearest primary school playground, where there will be an abundance of people with a similarly mature way of dealing with life........... I'm sure you'll all get along just fine!

In the meantime, try not to hijack my posts as an opportunity to score cheap points off of each other. To most of you contributors to this thread, thanks for your differing opinions and answers to my post. Enjoyed reading them.

OP
OP
bikeman66

bikeman66

Were you expecting everyone to agree?
Certainly not, but I didn't imagine people's perceived depth of cycling knowledge, based on how much of the TDF they saw on television would take over the thread. It is unrelated to the original post, but, as usual, provided a platform for certain individuals to start a slanging match.

I didn't put up the original post, because I thought people would agree with me, or because I presumed they should do so. I posted it because it was an issue that was on my mind at the time, it was topical and I was interested to hear the opinions of others. It's what a forum like this is (supposedly) for.

Top Bottom