Can you sell 1st class stamps at a profit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hopefully someone will know the answer straightaway: can you sell 1st class stamps at a profit (ie above face value)? The reason I ask is because the local corner shop owner is insisting he can!

Cheers,
S

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
you can buy them at costco at less than full value, then if you sell them on at face value then you can make a profit. otherwise, sounds a bit iffy to me.

Mr Phoebus

simon_adams_uk said:
Hopefully someone will know the answer straightaway: can you sell 1st class stamps at a profit (ie above face value)? The reason I ask is because the local corner shop owner is insisting he can!

Cheers,
S
Yeah! Because people are stoopid enough to put up with it.

He sounds a bit of an Arkwright to me.

hellenback

He'll be telling you next that washing lines have gone metric and insisting you have to buy a new one.

"GGGGranville, fetch me one of them new washing lines from the back...."

Mr Phoebus

Shop the cheeky git!

I'm going to shop the cheeky b*st*rd by me, he's selling a Penny Black for £3,000.00.
Talk about marking-up prices.

col

Legendary Member
He probably is the type of shop owner that splits multipacks and sells em individualy,with the "do not sell individualy " printed on them.Im sure the office of fair trading would love to meet him:smile:

Keith Oates

Janner
I would have thought that if he was just a corner shop and not a sub post office, he could sell a stamp for whatever price he wanted. If anyone is silly enough to buy it then that's their problem. I would also doubt his parentage but that's a different matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a case in Scotlaand, I found on Google.

I was searching for a Portsmouth one from last year, but couldn't find it.

However it does make the point

Top Bottom