cancelled Wiggle heads-ups

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
After receiving today's Wiggle heads-up I've finally cancelled my email alerts. They used to be the go-to company for clothing parts and accessories but in recent times I've bought hardly anything from them. They seem to be determined to push their clothing prices higher with every new season's kit, and I've found their prices for other spares and equipment aren't competitive anymore - anyone else found this?

Tom B

Guru
Never been a fan of wiggle I always found their website hard to use but used to use CRC. Since their take overs I have used them less and less usually finding what I want cheaper elsewhere.

Joffey

Big Dosser
I think they have stopped sending out Haribo in their packages too :sad:

As I rule I use Sigma Sports for my purchases UNLESS Wiggle have them a good bit cheaper. Got put off Wiggle when they started charging for returns.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler

I ordered a couple of cheap water bottles recently and there was a packet of Haribo in the package as usual.

But I agree - I rarely use Wiggle or CRC these days - compared to a few years ago when they were separate companies and two of my go-to's for having decent stock at good prices.

PlanetX have had the majority of my business for almost 2 years now.

Joffey

Big Dosser
I ordered a couple of cheap water bottles recently and there was a packet of Haribo in the package as usual.

But I agree - I rarely use Wiggle or CRC these days - compared to a few years ago when they were separate companies and two of my go-to's for having decent stock at good prices.

It must just be me then - not had any Haribo for some time :sad:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

As I rule I use Sigma Sports for my purchases UNLESS Wiggle have them a good bit cheaper. Got put off Wiggle when they started charging for returns.
It must just be me then - not had any Haribo for some time :sad:
Me either, haribo seems to have dried up although that isnt a reason to stop using them , i agree with the OP i used to like their aeron shorts but seems the price has gone up to more than double what they were a couple of years ago .

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)

One of the worst sites going. Don't know about prices I just can't get post all the pop ups they throw at you.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
They haven't been any good for at least 5 years and the CRC takeover removed a better competitor which, I guess, was the idea.

Irritatingly, Google search always throws them up first in a search for bike parts, yet the item is 90% certain to be out of stock if you follow the link. Google needs to decide whether it wants to be useful, or just an unthinking marketing channel. It wouldn't be hard to spider the site daily to check stock.

dhd.evans

Veteran
I ususally check wiggle first, CRC second. Merlin Cycles and Sigma are my backups. I am fairly certain my debit card was spoofed during transactions with the latter two although this is personal experience only (and may have been coincidence).

OP
OP
youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Checking back I see my most recent purchases have been from Evans and Tredz, both without hitch. In fact after raising a query regarding the Evans order (no fault on their behalf) I was given a £15 gift voucher!

Top Bottom