Cannondale or Bianchi?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice bike :tongue:

Depending on the compound slick tyres a are actually better than treaded, with slicks more of the tyre is in contact with the road that's not the case with a tread. A tread is only really there for fashion and because it sells well due to peoples mis conception. Where a tread is useful is to stop aquaplaning but to aquaplane on a bike you've got to be going in excess of something like 80mph.

When you do go out though, enjoy!

OP
OP
T

twozeronine

Thanks. :smile: And thanks for the info about the slicks!

OP
OP
T

twozeronine

Thanks. :smile: Yeah, it's hard to resist, but the weather stinks right now! Tomorrow looks dry though.

The water bottle came with the bike, I don't think it looks too bad, but I might get something that goes better with red.

Coco

A red Bianchi - what more could you want in life ?
thumbsup.png

Russell Allen

I have the 2010 Via Nirone Ultegra and I love it, You are going to have a ball. Dont listen to anyone who says it should be celeste or have campag gears, it really doesnt matter its just down to personal preference. I chose the white (with red and black) over the celeste and I preferred the ultegra to the veloce following a test ride, but only just. They truly are a joy to ride.

Russell

OP
OP
T

twozeronine

Yeah, I'm very happy with red. :smile: The guy in the bike shop said that he has the 2010 Veloce, and said that he wished he got it with Shimano, as apparently they've made some improvements to the 105 groupset.

Gonna head out on it in a bit. :biggrin:

Top Bottom