Cant return the bike to Decathlon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Yea I understand that.....I dont get why they've got this 30-90 return thing, what's covered by it then

I dont get where it says "if you change your mind ect"...then says "unless it's faulty ect we cant accept"...:dry: must be me

You can return it if you change your mind provided it has not be used, the only time you can return it when it has been used is when it is faulty.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
First couple of times I went on my road bike I hated it. It felt twitchy, I found the brakes unresponsive and didn't dare take my hands off the bars for a second. As a result, I felt very nervous every time a car went past or I reached a junction.

However, it wasn't long before I got up to speed and now it feels like second nature.

Head out into some quiet lanes at a time of day where there'll be little traffic and put some miles in. You'll soon feel better.
Its odd innit , whenever i ride a flat bar bike i find the steering the same so i guess its what your used too.

Did the OP actually try the bike in the shop? when i went to dectahlon last weekend people were riding bikes around the shop to try them out ?

OP
OP
S

Stu9

It would appear from that post that you've used it and are just trying it on, so they're perfectly entitled to knock you back.

GC

I wouldnt call it that, how else are you suppose to know it's something's not for you......I know where they're coming from though too....like I say above, I'll try and enjoy it, if not, it's up for grabs :smile:

OP
OP
S

Stu9

I did but only around the shop which isnt enough (felt ok though) and not out in real conditions......it's probably just me....like I say, I'll try a couple (not a few) of times again, if not, it's up for grabs and I'll stick to the mtb

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Seriously - you expect someone to take a used bike back when it has no fault? Barmy.
Not entirely. Thorn do it. One local LBS let me do it once too.

As to the OP, persevere, you will adapt and then you'll love it. I had to fit cross top levers to my first drop bar bike and I still HATE not having them on my tourer as, after a lot of flat bar riding, the muscle memory in my hands grabs at useless empty air when on the tops....

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't think it's down to the bike, but a nervous rider :smile:

From a retailer point of view it's difficult.

I work for a camping/outdoors retailer and we sometimes get slated for a restrictive returns policy.

It's something we are continually reviewing as we want to be fair, as if it works for our customers they become repeat customers even if there has been a problem. But you would not believe the amount of 100% perfect tents that we receive back with dubious faults. Usually within a month - i.e. outside the normal Distance Selling "change of mind" rights but just long enough to have taken the family on a 2 week camping trip....

It means that we sometimes upset genuine people who have got a leaky seam, whilst we insist on getting the item back (can be a £1000+ item at top end) and inspecting it, which can include blasting it with a pressure spray, but if we just accepted any return back, then we'd just be a free tent hire.

Personally I think if you buy a bike and ride it around, then if you decide you don't like it, it's your job to sell it on as best you can. IF it has no faults. In a perfect world perhaps it could be 80% refunded as a goodwill gesture, then sold on with 20% off

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The returns policy with my Rose ebike was clear - and fair.

It said I was entitled to examine the goods 'as you would in a shop'.

After that I could return the bike and I did not have to give a reason.

vickster

Legendary Member
Well, I didn't say companies don't do it I was just saying that it is unreasonable.

How do the people who think it is reasonable to return used bikes feel about buying a new bike that has been used then (sorry about the oxymoron in there)?

I would not expect a used bike to be sold as new at the same price as the new one. Evans offer test rides, if it was clear that the bike had been outside, I would want a discount. Unless I was the one who had tested it! If no discount, walk away or perhaps negotiate new tyres, brake blocks, a full service?

Evans often sell discounted ex display or demo models. Perhaps decathlon simply have no mechanism to do this, i am unfamiliar with their set up

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Once....probably because it's over the 7 days, it's out the shop and they dont know what you do I suppose....I still think it's crap, as far as I'm concerned, their so called "returns" policy's sh1t!

Their return policy is not sh1t, it looks to me very fair and reasonable.

.it's called a rip off/con

No it is not, you have used the bike and have changed your mind, that is not Decathlons fault you no longer want the bike.

Sell it on if you don't want it, but do not blame the retailer for your mistake.

Top Bottom