Cant return the bike to Decathlon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Its like returning a pair of shoes you don't want/dislike, if you have worn them to the Saturday night disco they won't accept them after.

Used to be a classic move in certain social circles

Buy dress Saturday afternoon, wear Saturday night, reattach labels and return on Monday because it wasn't quite right and get a refund.
When my sister in law was teaching in Liverpool most of her 6th formers used this method of "hire"

I dont get the crap reason that if its been used they cant take it back. Who the hell would buy a product and then not use it? In many cases its only after using the product you may find an issue that would require you to send it back.

Trickedem

Guru

Buy dress Saturday afternoon, wear Saturday night, reattach labels and return on Monday because it wasn't quite right and get a refund.
When my sister in law was teaching in Liverpool most of her 6th formers used this method of "hire"

I tried a suit on in C&A once. There was a best man's speech in one of the pockets

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I dont get the crap reason that if its been used they cant take it back. Who the hell would buy a product and then not use it? In many cases its only after using the product you may find an issue that would require you to send it back.

If the only problem with it is that you've changed your mind or you don't really think road cycling is for you then that's not something you should expect a retailer to take the hit for. If there's something wrong with it, i.e. it's faulty or not fit for purpose then you're covered.

GC

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Triban 5, gotta love it. Mines recently out of storage after using the B'Twin Sport over the winter. Keep on with it, you'll probably get used to it. Feels weird for me going back to the MTB.

snailracer

Über Member

It's difficult for clothes shops to be more strict about this - if they try, their customers will return clothes with a deliberately ripped seam or missing button and claim the item was faulty.

Top Bottom