Cant return the bike to Decathlon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stu9

I wanted to return it for a refund going by their 30 day policy, I emailed them to say, I was told they're not covered by it because it's been used...this is his reply.....I dont get it

Unfortunately what you are quoting is our returns policy when purchasing online. This would be covered under the Distance Selling Act. Unfortunately we can not accept any returns once the product has been used whether is has been bought in store or online.
If you would like any advice on your cycling or have any further questions then please let us know.
Thanks,

Brandane

Legendary Member
Why do you want to return it? Is it faulty? Not fit for purpose?

They are not obliged to allow a return for a non-faulty item. Howevere, their website's returns policy says otherwise:
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/return-policy.html
Under the Distance Selling Regulations:

You are entitled to a full refund including the initial delivery charge if you return a product, or inform the retailer that you want to return the product, within seven working days.
With Decathlon you have 30 days to change your mind! Or 90 days with the decathlon loyalty card.
You bought a product on www.decathlon.co.uk what ever the reason, you can change your mind and return the product to us or to one of our shops, following the instructions above, and we'll exchange or refund it.
Caution: The exchange of the product will be possible only for the same product if you want to change the size.
Please see below for products excluded from this policy.
*************************EDIT*************************
Oops just seent hsi too:
Condition of returns

Following our Terms & Conditions, you must return the product in perfect condition, no worn, or damaged and in original packaging.
Otherwise, the return will be considered non-compliant.

OP
OP
S

Stu9

Yea I understand that.....I dont get why they've got this 30-90 return thing, what's covered by it then

I dont get where it says "if you change your mind ect"...then says "unless it's faulty ect we cant accept"...:dry: must be me

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
The DS Regs give you a cancellation period of 7 working days in which to withdraw from the contract, Decathlon gives you 30. In both cases you can take advantage of this only if you haven't used the item.

Why are you returning it?

GC

Oops just seent hsi too:
Condition of returns

Following our Terms & Conditions, you must return the product in perfect condition, no worn, or damaged and in original packaging.
Otherwise, the return will be considered non-compliant.

Afraid they're then correct, they're not obliged to accept returns if not faulty. A cooling off period is only if not used. Many places do accpet returns (M&S are famous for it) but not if its not re-sellable as new which is fair enough as there's a cost to them to clean/refurbish it

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
THIS is why

OP
OP
S

Stu9

you can take advantage of this only if you haven't used the item.

And how can they prove I've not, when there's no dirt or wear or anything on it (and there isnt)

I guess I'll I'll try it again a couple of times if I cant get used it and the rd's, I'll sell it....and someone will get a showroom cond triban 5A

glasgowcyclist

And how can they prove I've not, when there's no dirt or wear or anything on it (and there isnt)

I guess I'll I'll try it again a couple of times if I cant get used it and the rd's, I'll sell it....and someone will get a showroom cond triban 5A

Have you used it? Why do they think you have used it?

GC

Leodis

Veteran
I'll give you £20 for it :whistle:

On a serious note its ironic that places like Evans, EBC and LBS to a degree allow test rides on bikes leaving them soiled and then flog them as new yet won't accept a little used bike back.

OP
OP
S

Stu9

Have you used it? Why do they think you have used it?

GC

Once....probably because it's over the 7 days, it's out the shop and they dont know what you do I suppose....I still think it's crap, as far as I'm concerned, their so called "returns" policy's sh1t!

I'll give you £20 for it :whistle:

On a serious note its ironic that places like Evans, EBC and LBS to a degree allow test rides on bikes leaving them soiled and then flog them as new yet won't accept a little used bike back.

Yer on :tongue:

I know....it's rules for them and another for us....it's called a rip off/con

Like I say, I'll have another go, but dont be surprised if you see it on Gumtree or here sometime next week ect

I'll then just keep the Rockhopper, it's in showroom cond too :blush:

glasgowcyclist

I know, but I've been on it twice since getting it because of weather and others things...

It would appear from that post that you've used it and are just trying it on, so they're perfectly entitled to knock you back.

GC

Hip Priest

Veteran
First couple of times I went on my road bike I hated it. It felt twitchy, I found the brakes unresponsive and didn't dare take my hands off the bars for a second. As a result, I felt very nervous every time a car went past or I reached a junction.

However, it wasn't long before I got up to speed and now it feels like second nature.

Head out into some quiet lanes at a time of day where there'll be little traffic and put some miles in. You'll soon feel better.

Top Bottom