cant work this out myself.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

compo

Veteran
There was a guy used to troll many of the Newsgroups all about his unfortunate life and how the FBI and the CIA were out to ruin his life. He would make long, rambling post going into great detail about his misfortunes.

Why am I getting a feeling of deja vu?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Why do so many assume the worst? That is something wrong with the person? what of the lack of tolerance of those that are not the same as you?

I don't think we assumed there was anything wrong with the OP. We assumed that either he hadn't bothered to work it out, or hadn't thought about how to if he didn't know. Sometimes, it's good to spend a little time thinking a question through, and then you'll know how to answer it another time. Just being given the answer doesn't teach anyone to help themselves.

I don't know about standards of punctuation over in the States, but I reckon over here, the chances of a missed apostrophe being due to a broken keyboard are very small, compared with the poster not knowing, or bothering to insert it....

Arch

Married to Night Train
There was a guy used to troll many of the Newsgroups all about his unfortunate life and how the FBI and the CIA were out to ruin his life. He would make long, rambling post going into great detail about his misfortunes.

Why am I getting a feeling of deja vu?

Conspiracy theorists are fun, for a while.

Norm

2 miles in 19 minutes = 1 mile in 9.5 minutes. Divided 60 (minutes) by 9.5 = 6.3157894 MPH ^_^
Or 19 minutes is nearly 20 minutes and 2 miles in 20 minutes is 6 miles in 60 minutes, which should be close enough. :thumbsup:

Gary E

Veteran
Whilst it's true that the OP could have found his answer with fewer key strokes if he'd merely typed it into Google, that would have denied lots of people the enjoyment they've received from reading/answering this thread.
It has allowed the smug to be smug, the defenders to defend and the jokers to just make funnies.
So pretty much the same as all the other threads on CC then eh? :laugh:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Or 2 miles in a third of an hour so 6 miles in an hour. Approximately, of course, because I've simplified by leaving out 3 minutes and donating them to charity.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
The real answer is "not very fast"

Arch

Married to Night Train
Or 19 minutes is nearly 20 minutes and 2 miles in 20 minutes is 6 miles in 60 minutes, which should be close enough. :thumbsup:

That's how I'd have done it, for a quick answer.

When I went out cycling on my own a fair bit, I used to do that sort of sum as I went along, looking at my computer, working out how long it would take me to do a certain distance, or what my average speed was. Kept my mind ticking over, and helped the miles roll by.

Norm

That's how I'd have done it, for a quick answer.

When I went out cycling on my own a fair bit, I used to do that sort of sum as I went along, looking at my computer, working out how long it would take me to do a certain distance, or what my average speed was. Kept my mind ticking over, and helped the miles roll by.
I've done several long-distance rides and I do that... well, I'd say all the time but that would be an under-estimation. :biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I've done several long-distance rides and I do that... well, I'd say all the time but that would be an under-estimation. :biggrin:

It's that, or sing to myself, and I can only remember all the words to a couple of songs, so I end up with earworms.

On the last leg of my ride back from the overnight ride to Scarborough, I was exhausted, and resorted to humming Christmas carols, because I'd used up all my other songs.

Norm

Wow... it's like you're inside my head.

Car number plates give me fuel for my mental masturbations. When I did an Iron Butt (1,000 miles in 24 hours) a few years ago, one of the first things that I saw within a mile of home was Renault Clio Grande and I spent the next 24 hours singing the Drone Drone song ("Her name was Clio and she dances on the sand... ")

Arch

Married to Night Train
Wow... it's like you're inside my head.

Can you let me out please, it's creepy in here.... :ohmy:

Friend of mine told me about her family's number plate game. You start off looking for a car with 1 in the reg. Just 1, like A 1 TGH, for example. Once you've seen that, you can start looking for 2... I think the family were into the 300's

A game that'll fast become impossible with the new reg system...

Top Bottom