Canti toe-in

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Any ideas whats going on here? with the rear cantis on my Pompino.
Frogleggs with new swisstop blocks. Blocks in photo are fitted correctly to swisstop markings but I've also tried them the 'wrong' way round with no difference.

Also tried swapping the frogleggs front to back with no difference (fronts are spot on for alignment and toe-in)

Braking at the back has never been very effective (I know its only around 30% of the total anyway) with the original blocks. Hence trying the new blocks. Only thing I can think of is the mounts are incorrect.

Alun

Guru
Any ideas whats going on here? with the rear cantis on my Pompino.
Frogleggs with new swisstop blocks. Blocks in photo are fitted correctly to swisstop markings but I've also tried them the 'wrong' way round with no difference.

Also tried swapping the frogleggs front to back with no difference (fronts are spot on for alignment and toe-in)

Braking at the back has never been very effective (I know its only around 30% of the total anyway) with the original blocks. Hence trying the new blocks. Only thing I can think of is the mounts are incorrect.
It looks like the toe-in is built into the pads, I don't think you can adjust it on the frogleg arms. You've got toe-out there, swap left and right pads on the rear. What pad/arm combination did you have before?

Davidc

Guru
Have a good look - the pads &/or mounts are usually marked left and right and it looks from the photo as if they must be swapped.

OP
OP
Piemaster

Piemaster

Guru
This is what I don't understand. Pads ARE in correctly as they are marked. I've also tried them in the 'wrong' way round and they still give toe out.

The ones on the front (frogleggs on a carbon Alpina fork) are spot on. Can't say i really noticed with the originals :blush: how they were set when new (came fitted on the bike) but were very unevenly worn when I took them off.
I'm beginning to think the bosses are not aligned properly.

Top Bottom