Canyon Bikes issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I contacted them about this part, you pay the cost back to them and put bike in the box, if you get a refund they refund bike cost and the box but not the return posting, if they send you another bike, you dont pay for the cost of the new bike postage.

Seems reasonable.

If Canyon are anything like Rose, and I think they are, you are only concern need be if the bike is the wrong size.

I expect the bike itself will be spot on.

OP
OP
medavidcook

medavidcook

Seems reasonable.

If Canyon are anything like Rose, and I think they are, you are only concern need be if the bike is the wrong size.

I expect the bike itself will be spot on.

Yeh my thought would soley be size, as according to there website I would need a small/medium but for other brands i am a large. dont get me wrong i know all brands are different, just didnt expect it to be a big difference.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Yeh my thought would soley be size, as according to there website I would need a small/medium but for other brands i am a large. dont get me wrong i know all brands are different, just didnt expect it to be a big difference.
The same happened to me. I went for the slightly bigger one but needed to fit a smaller stem.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
That's one part of online shopping I don't really get. You can't test or try on the goods whatever they are, but you have to pay postage if it is wrong. But you have no choice in the way you buy it.
It seems to me that the supplier should be liable for all costs until you're completely happy considering you have to effectively buy blind.
Maybe it's just me....

OP
OP
medavidcook

medavidcook

That's one part of online shopping I don't really get. You can't test or try on the goods whatever they are, but you have to pay postage if it is wrong. But you have no choice in the way you buy it.
It seems to me that the supplier should be liable for all costs until you're completely happy considering you have to effectively buy blind.
Maybe it's just me....

i do agree with what your saying.

Jody

Stubborn git
Does it specifically need to be that bike? There are some great deals still on 2013 models with almost identical spec. At least you can try them out in the shop and not worry about warranty/returns

Not trying to put you off as I really like the looks of your chosen steed.

OP
OP
medavidcook

medavidcook

Does it specifically need to be that bike? There are some great deals still on 2013 models with almost identical spec. At least you can try them out in the shop and not worry about warranty/returns

Not trying to put you off as I really like the looks of your chosen steed.

I will consider others if i can get sort of the same spec for the same price.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Maybe it's just me....
Canyon have an online size calculator which takes into account height, inseam, trunk length, reach and shoulder width. Its going to be pretty close, and MTB design means that you can adjust fit with stem height, bar rise, stem length and so on. Sizing isn't as critical on a MTB in any case, and many riders tend to fall I to the trap of thinking a MTB has yo be as big as their road frame. Far better to go a size smaller and run a bit of seatpost than ago too large and end up with a five bar gate and no standover.

If Canyon and others ran free returns they'd end up payong twice for every finnicky pillock who can't make their minds up. If you want bespoke fitting, go to a MTB specific bike shop and pay the premium.

OP
OP
medavidcook

medavidcook

Canyon have an online size calculator which takes into account height, inseam, trunk length, reach and shoulder width. Its going to be pretty close, and MTB design means that you can adjust fit with stem height, bar rise, stem length and so on. Sizing isn't as critical on a MTB in any case, and many riders tend to fall I to the trap of thinking a MTB has yo be as big as their road frame. Far better to go a size smaller and run a bit of seatpost than ago too large and end up with a five bar gate and no standover.

If Canyon and others ran free returns they'd end up payong twice for every finnicky pillock who can't make their minds up. If you want bespoke fitting, go to a MTB specific bike shop and pay the premium.

Nicely put @Cubist, i think i am just going to order the size they recommend as research would have been done by them.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I can't add a lot to the wise words from @Cubist, other than to say my 17" Rose is bordering on being too big despite me taking a 19" in other makes.

Perhaps both Rose and Canyon do 'come up big' for their stated size.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I was looking at a Rose bike a while back and looking at their sizing and geometry thinking they do come up big.

Jody

Stubborn git
I will consider others if i can get sort of the same spec for the same price.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/trek/fuel-ex7-2013-mountain-bike-ec042090

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/trek/rumblefish-elite-2013-mountain-bike-ec042137

Only had chance for a quick look. I have not been following the market much in my time off so Cubist may be your best bet to compare specs but the EX7 is similar spec other than the rear mech is SLX instead of XT. Its an 18" frame

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.

This should be a sticky.

Top Bottom