Canyon Bikes issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Motozulu

Über Member
No real problems - my Cube has Fox 32 floats on and a year on they are still ok. Thing is though the test bike I rode had Fox Kashima 150mm jobbies on and the front fork dive was horrendous - add to that the fact that Fox are so overpriced and need servicing more - I thought it was time to give RS a chance.

02GF74

Über Member
I was generalising about online shopping. But I don't think it's unreasonable for the supplier to cover costs for something that you have to buy without seeing or trying.
Everyone is slightly different size wise, and you're right, there are some really fussy people.

You're right. The on-line shops should not only pay for the courier, but arrange one to come round your house at a time convenient to you, package the bike, pay your for the time you wasted having to unpack and try the bike for size as well as making you a full english breakfast.

FFS it is mail order - if you are not sure, then don't buy and go to you local LBS !

02GF74

Über Member
. Thing is though the test bike I rode had Fox Kashima 150mm jobbies on and the front fork dive was horrendous -.

Isn't that becasue the air pressure was too low? You expect more dive from long travel forks coz that is what they are supposed to do.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
You're right. The on-line shops should not only pay for the courier, but arrange one to come round your house at a time convenient to you, package the bike, pay your for the time you wasted having to unpack and try the bike for size as well as making you a full english breakfast.

FFS it is mail order - if you are not sure, then don't buy and go to you local LBS !
LOL. What a f#####g stupid comment.

Motozulu

Über Member
Isn't that becasue the air pressure was too low? You expect more dive from long travel forks coz that is what they are supposed to do.

Yes, fair point but the bike was set up for Fin, who was about my weight and he races it for Rose bikes so I think the pressure's were pretty spot on. I had heard that the 2013 Fox's were prone to dive in that format - maybe that coloured my perception a bit? don't know but going off small drop offs it was very noticeable to me. I've ridden a mates long travel bike and it was nowhere near that bad.
The bike I've ordered has the 2 position 150mm pikes so it will be interesting to see how they compare.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
That rose has got pretty slack angles on the front end imho

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
It has - but I test rode one at Ashton Court with Fin the UK rep and it was a great ride - bike felt perfect for me.

I like Rose as a brand, very under rated.. I would prefer their products over Caynon.
You will have a great experience with that bike.... let us know how you get on though, everyone would be interested.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Yeah will do - 4 weeks and counting!

Rose gave me a similar lead time, but the bike turned up in two weeks.

Good communication from Rose throughout.

It arrived all but fully built and ready to ride - even the tyres were inflated to the correct pressure.

The bike has been faultless in the year or so I've had it.

So from my limited one bike experience, I rate Rose very highly.

Motozulu

Über Member
Well the Rose arrived yesterday - From Bucholt in Germany via Dusseldorf, Brussels, London and Brum in two days - well done Rose and DHL.

New bike days are always good - especially when you are off work and the sun is out! I basically chose the spec of this bike myself due to the brilliant Rose configurator - I took it out for a quick spin and am blown away a little, tbh! What a ride this bike is.
8xpr86.jpg

Ready to go!
25gt1zn.jpg

ne9ilw.jpg

On the route to the Chase - 2.5 miles along the heritage trail and I'm there...Horns Pool waterfall - like Wales - innit? :smile:
20tmg5f.jpg

25sbcz6.jpg

2j0ikn5.jpg

Jobs to do..anyone else think I need to trim the bars a bit?
icon_lol.gif
they are 785mm and I love the feel of em, but the practise ramp at the start of the Dog is not the tightest squeeze on the trail - there are much tighter squeezes than this - I got through with a scrape and a prayer! Might go 750 and try that.
20v10cn.jpg

Back home with a bit of muck on it
icon_wink.gif
I am a bit blown away with this bike - whilst acknowledging I have little to compare it against, tbf - but the way it cornered and gripped the ground was confidence inspiring to say the least but at the same time it flew along the flats - I'm liking the 2x10 gearing. The Pikes are awesome forks and I love the dual position thing. Still to get used to having a dropper and the front rotor at 203mm is much more powerful that I am used to but still.....
I feel some PR's coming on
icon_smile.gif
12.9Kg claimed without pedals for a full suss is pretty decent I think and it was much, much faster than I expected - 27.5 maybe?

Once the bars are cut down (shame) and the gears and brake levers switched it'll be about there - I will try flat pedals at some point when funds allow but right now...just let me out there!
szv0jn.jpg

zn6blj.jpg

Top Bottom