Car forums

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
I joined the Toyota Owners' Forum to get help when I was struggling to change my factory-fitted radio for one I bought from Aldi. Very helpful bunch, to be honest.

Maz said:
I joined the Toyota Owners' Forum to get help when I was struggling to change my factory-fitted radio for one I bought from Aldi. Very helpful bunch, to be honest.

You're joking about the radio - right Maz? :angry::biggrin:
bonj goes bimbling around at barryboys does he not?
Driving is like cycling - I do both, and sometimes I cock things up. Be patient, considerate and aware. We all make mistakes on the road - it's easy to overlook them.
I would never go skidding into a driving forum though - I'd rather watch golf :sad:

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Besides, at no point did I say I was going to go 'Trolling' whatever that means, and I certainly don't think every car driver is out to get me. :biggrin:

Not going now anyway, so this thread is now obsolete please lock/close/whatever.:biggrin::becool:

wafflycat

Bigtallfatbloke said:
I dont think drivers are worth one single second of my time.

Offensive. Don't forget many, if not most, of the posters on the CC forum are also motorists. Your attitude is just as offensive as errant motorists who tar all cyclists as lunatics who jump red lights, don't pay road tax, yadda, yadda, yadda. :biggrin:

Maz

Guru
Aperitif said:
You're joking about the radio - right Maz? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
No, mate. I thought it would be a 2 minute job, but when I removed the old radio, the connector on the car and the connector on the new radio were completely different, hence would not join up. I asked the forum members what to do and they told me where to buy an adaptor cable from. Newer cars don't have this problem, apparently.

Wise choice CP. I'm sure you wouldn't go trolling deliberately, but people on others forums tend to have a different perspective and there is a history of antagonism between cycling forums and driving forums. Your valid argument is another posters trollish wind-up.

I'm sure there are plenty of sensible forums relating to driving and cars. It's just that the ones who's paths have crossed with this forum and C+ were, to put it politely, 100% prime tossers.

LLB

Chuffy said:
Wise choice CP. I'm sure you wouldn't go trolling deliberately, but people on others forums tend to have a different perspective and there is a history of antagonism between cycling forums and driving forums. Your valid argument is another posters trollish wind-up.

I'm sure there are plenty of sensible forums relating to driving and cars. It's just that the ones who's paths have crossed with this forum and C+ were, to put it politely, 100% prime tossers.

This is the case in all walks of life. Had the moderation been a bit more robust on C+, and condemnation of the 'raiding parties' onto the safespeed and ABD sites been universal, then the antagonism wouldn't have started.

You don't educate errant drivers who use these forums where conduct and safety around cyclists/horseriders etc by going on there to tell them that they are all self-gratification artists. All this does is load the bullets when they are next out on the road and come across some poor sod minding his/her own business on their bike/horse etc.

LLB said:
This is the case in all walks of life. Had the moderation been a bit more robust on C+, and condemnation of the 'raiding parties' onto the safespeed and ABD sites been universal, then the antagonism wouldn't have started.
I agree, the raiding party mentality did no-one any favours. Sadly when the Safespeed nutters started popping up on C+ we (the user mods) simply had no idea just how much trouble they were going to cause, so we gave them far more time and space than they deserved. Had we known better then we'd have shot them on sight. I had no patience with the idiots who trolled Safespeed and Pistonheads because it was their stupidity that led the loonies back to C+ in the first place. Unfortuately I think I was probably in a minority. Too many C+ers thought that poking the petrol-monkeys was either a jolly wheeze or justification for a full-on anti-motorist jihad.

Maz said:
No, mate. I thought it would be a 2 minute job, but when I removed the old radio, the connector on the car and the connector on the new radio were completely different, hence would not join up. I asked the forum members what to do and they told me where to buy an adaptor cable from. Newer cars don't have this problem, apparently.

Maz! I think Ap was making a reference to the radio being bought from Aldi! :biggrin: :smile:

Top Bottom