Car forums

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
There are at least three of us in here who also inhabit a very civilised motoring forum.

It's a bit like being in a pub; if you're in their conversational mainstream listen, learn and contribute. If somebody is going off half cocked about cycling it's OK to rein them in and provide an alternative perspective. Never set out to provoke controversy - that way lies flame wars.

bonj2

ComedyPilot said:
Anyone know any car forums? :rofl:

I'm going to join one 'undercover' so to speak, and start discussions about road safety and cyclists, and guage the response. :wacko:

Could be interesting?:biggrin::wacko:

www.barryboys.co.uk.
which contrary to popular confusion isn't a site for people who like aesthetically-modified cars (the "barry boys" or just "barries"), it's a site for people who like to take the piss out of modified cars.

There are 'intelligent' people on there, aswell as a few who are (claim to be ) coppers. Also a lot who think they know a lot about road safety but are quite ignorant.
Go on pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaase join barryboys
and link me to the thread that you create.
Make sure you start off in "Non-barry related discussion" and remember they don't like it if you start a new thread of your own when you could have added to an existing one. For instance there's pre-existing long running threads on a lot of topics.

LLB

bonj said:
www.barryboys.co.uk.
which contrary to popular confusion isn't a site for people who like aesthetically-modified cars (the "barry boys" or just "barries"), it's a site for people who like to take the piss out of modified cars.

There are 'intelligent' people on there, aswell as a few who are (claim to be ) coppers. Also a lot who think they know a lot about road safety but are quite ignorant.
Go on pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaase join barryboys
and link me to the thread that you create.
Make sure you start off in "Non-barry related discussion" and remember they don't like it if you start a new thread of your own when you could have added to an existing one. For instance there's pre-existing long running threads on a lot of topics.

Am a member of Barry Boys, and do go on there occasionally. It is one great big piss taking forum, and the quality of banter is usually fairly high.

Very anti Chav/scrote there though which might upset some PeeCee people :wacko:

Saddle bum

Über Member
I'm a regular on petrolheads and I use the same name.

All fora are the same, a mixture of the reasonable and tolerant plus the nutters and road Nazis.

They have a "Pedal Powered" section.

Cyclist/Car issues can become hectic.

LLB

Saddle bum said:
I'm a regular on petrolheads and I use the same name.

All fora are the same, a mixture of the reasonable and tolerant plus the nutters and road Nazis.

They have a "Pedal Powered" section.

Cyclist/Car issues can become hectic.

The road Nazi's on here seem to be absent now

jasper

bonj said:
it's a site for people who like to take the piss out of modified cars.
Not quite true, they take the piss out of shoot, modified cars. Typical of the young boy racer who throws on a huge exhaust, the size of the Blackwall tunnel and a body kit that's so heavy the car struggles to move. They are quite appreciative of cars that are tastefully done or cars that are function over form.

I'm on there too, although I've not been there for a while.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Bromptonaut said:
There are at least three of us in here who also inhabit a very civilised motoring forum. It's a bit like being in a pub; if you're in their conversational mainstream listen, learn and contribute. If somebody is going off half cocked about cycling it's OK to rein them in and provide an alternative perspective. Never set out to provoke controversy - that way lies flame wars.

Yes, and it is probably the most stringently moderated forum on the net. Personal insults and abuse are clamped on immediately, and trolls don't last five minutes. There are a fair few cyclists too, apart from those who also post here.

bonj2

jasper said:
Not quite true, they take the piss out of shoot, modified cars. Typical of the young boy racer who throws on a hugh exhaust, the size of the Blackwall tunnel and a body kit that's so heavy the car struggles to move. They are quite appreciative of cars that are tastefully done or cars that are function over form.

I'm on there too, although I've not been there for a while.

remember 'TGB'? ;)

NickM

Veteran
Chuffy said:
...Too many C+ers thought that poking the petrol-monkeys was either a jolly wheeze or justification for a full-on anti-motorist jihad.
Not so much anti-motorist as anti-irresponsible-self-gratification artist, surely?

NickM

Veteran
Chuffy said:
...the knee-jerk 'two wheels good, four wheels bad' mentality...

On a forum for people with an interest in cycling, there will always be some who have had a friend or acquaintance killed by an irresponsible or incompetent driver. I think that has to be borne in mind if a segment of its membership appears to be rabidly anti-car.

Top Bottom