Car help question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Er, it's just a car and it's a simple battery change Dude, what could possibly go wrong?

I thought the same, until I bought a Halfords battery a couple of years ago. Nothing wrong with the battery, except that I foolishly accepted their offer to fit it. :banghead:

I ended up having to help the young lad doing it because he was afraid to apply enough welly to undo the clamp bolt. Then, without asking, he stuck a special gizmo in the cigar lighter socket that he assured me would obviate the need to re-enter the radio code (which I'd already told him I had a note of).

As I drove away, I noticed the airbag warning light was on (that's an automatic MOT fail) and subsequently had to replace the crash sensor. Coincidence?

Levo-Lon

Guru
[QUOTE 3496150, member: 9609"]I managed to do that all by myself with the lawn mower the other year[/QUOTE]

when we were kids with the must have c50 track bike..checking the electric was reaching the plug was always a just pop your finger in the cap test..lol at least you new it has to be the plug.
happy days, maybe why my hair fell out in my early 20's ?

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Bought a new battery in Halfords once, they offered to fit it (I think it was free). Dark, raining in the car park. Lad fitted it and went back inside.
Got in car, nowt.
Stalks back in...
Supervisor comes back out with lad, open bonnet, shine torch in.
Me, pointing: is that supposed to be connected to something.
Supervisor: mutters, connects extra lead, car then works!
(Not sure what it was, the lad had connected something to both the positive and negative terminals!)

OP
OP
GarryG

GarryG

Well picked up the new battery yesterday and fitted it this morning, thanks for all the advice.

Worked fine and the radio and on board computer/sat nav came back on fine.

Would have put something up earlier, but we collected this very little addition (the little brown one) last night, so have been kept busy today.

20150125_165532.jpg

Levo-Lon

Guru
When we got the puppy home it waddled down the garden straight into the pond..
we nearly called her Dunk..

young Ed

Veteran
When we got the puppy home it waddled down the garden straight into the pond..
we nearly called her Dunk..
our lab went for a swim when she was young, straight off the small bridge into the pond and under the bridge.....just it was ice! mum yanked her up by the collar :smile:
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom