Car is dead, so back to cycling!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Yep, clutch decided to shatter due to then engine mount breaking. Plus the exhaust fell off.

So for the next few weeks (well until Friday) I am back on the bike. Feels like ages. But feels good to be doing it again. Hopefully I will loose a few mm around my waist and feel fitter and healthier again.
Went out this morning and noticed that the numpties were still around. Just two people who dont understand that a roundabout isnt the best place to overtake.

Other than that the weather was a bit blustery, but I managed to keep up a good speed.

Going out tomorrow morning too. Hopefully the weather is nice.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Just two people who dont understand that a roundabout isnt the best place to overtake.

Ha! The local Rotherhithe roundabout is actually sponsored by undertakers. Fact.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
We have been waiting for this day to come.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Yep, clutch decided to shatter due to then engine mount breaking. Plus the exhaust fell off.
Sounds like someone's been giving it the heavy right foot treatment.
Cars are like any other machine, if you dont over stress them they will last much longer.

GrasB

Veteran
Sounds like someone's been giving it the heavy right foot treatment.
Cars are like any other machine, if you dont over stress them they will last much longer.
More likely to be left foot action that caused that kind of failure. Heavy throttle application may make torque reaction compress the mounts but it's a slow thing with the highest loads being at high speed in high gears & low RPM. But being clumsy with the clutch will cause shock impact to the engine mounts & clutch which lead to engine mounts breaking & clutches disintegrating.

Top Bottom