Car is dead, so back to cycling!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Yep, clutch decided to shatter due to then engine mount breaking. Plus the exhaust fell off.

Well stop doing bunnyhops with the damn thing!

GC

Brandane

Legendary Member
Hmmm. I've got a Toyota. The clutch arm just snapped in two (36k miles, not rusty, just snapped) so I'm cycling everywhere (although I pretty much was anyway....)

I'm thinking Toyotas aren't what they used to be......
I have a 2006 Corolla (one of the last Corollas) and have to say (with hand placed firmly on wood!) that I am well impressed with it. I am a convert from many years of VWs, and have no intention of going back to them. The wee Toyota is more economical, reliable, comfortable, and performs not too shabbily too. I have had it for 5 years now and it has done 68k miles.

I have a 2006 Corolla (one of the last Corollas) and have to say (with hand placed firmly on wood!) that I am well impressed with it. I am a convert from many years of VWs, and have no intention of going back to them. The wee Toyota is more economical, reliable, comfortable, and performs not too shabbily too. I have had it for 5 years now and it has done 68k miles.

I was a bit surprised - my old Corolla lasted more than 10 years and was still working fine when I sold it. Cycling's definitely the future though!

Crankarm

Guru
As Arnie said "I'll be back".

Just when drivers in North Wales thought they were safe, Matthew_T comes out of retirement to start head camming again. You will be wearing your head cam and putting up footage showing misdemeanours by drivers as you cycle?

Matthew_T it sounds like you've been riding your car's clutch rather than you're bike ……………...

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
As Arnie said "I'll be back".

Just when drivers in North Wales thought they were safe, Matthew_T comes out of retirement to start head camming again. You will be wearing your head cam and putting up footage showing misdemeanours by drivers as you cycle?

Matthew_T it sounds like you've been riding your car's clutch rather than you're bike ……………...
Theres a name for people who "ride " car parts although i always believed the exhaust was the part of choice ............... oh wait you meant :shy:

Sounds like the OP has gone through 20 years of life in a few months , petrol head to reborm mamil.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Wow! Only three days ago I predicted that Matthew would be back in 20 years when he realised he was getting fat and unfit. He's surprised us all.

Top Bottom