Car Wax On Bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alan16ac

Did a quick search on Tapatalk but no results apparently.
Can I use my Autoglym car wax on my Cube Acid. Just got the bike yesterday and want to keep the pain in good condition. Thanks.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Did a quick search on Tapatalk but no results apparently.
Can I use my Autoglym car wax on my Cube Acid. Just got the bike yesterday and want to keep the pain in good condition. Thanks.
It should be fine. I've used car wax on my bikes in the past and it seems to help keep the dirt from sticking.

Obviously you need to keep it off braking surfaces:whistle:.

Brandane

Legendary Member
You can use Autoglym if you like, it won't do any harm. Don't forget that it is a POLISH rather than a wax protectant though. If you want to protect the paintwork of your bike (or car) you should really polish it first and then use a wax protectant. Might be easier just to wash the bike occasionally and keep it indoors, and avoid riding in the rain at all costs :thumbsup:. You will probably enjoy riding the bike more once it starts to look a bit "used" and has some battle scars!

After 8000 miles on my Tricross, I no longer get uptight if someone leans their bike against mine, it already has plenty of scratches ^_^.

Brandane

Legendary Member
What happens if I use bike wax on my car?

Depends - if your car is made of carbon it will probably cause it to disintegrate.

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
#Alan16ac when you've had a chance to put your acid through it's paces are you going to give us a review? Reason being, it's one of the bikes Mr Grip has on his short list. Has good reviews online ......apparently.
We use turtle car wax polish on our bikes and it does seem to help with grime sticking to the frames :smile:

OP
OP
A

Alan16ac

#Alan16ac when you've had a chance to put your acid through it's paces are you going to give us a review? Reason being, it's one of the bikes Mr Grip has on his short list. Has good reviews online ......apparently.
We use turtle car wax polish on our bikes and it does seem to help with grime sticking to the frames :smile:

I can give you a review but I haven't been on mountain biking since I was 15. I'm 21 now. Hope I can still ride! Lol.

As for the wax an polish. It is proper wax. It's carnauba wax. So it should be okay? And my bike will be kept indoors anyway. I'm sure my mum will think of it as a nice addition to the kitchen!

Gary E

Veteran
3M Marine Ultra Performance Paste Wax.
Nothing but the best for my babies :thumbsup:
m220471-3-M-Ultra-Performance-Paste-Wax.jpg

nathanicola

I find the best to use for me is Maguires quick wax, you just spray it on and wipe straight off and because its a clear liquid it doesn't leave wax in hard to get places.
If you take the wheels off and hook the saddle over the washing line it makes the hard to get places really easy.

Top Bottom