Car Wax On Bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A

Alan16ac

Oops, good spot. That's what happens when you don't type fast enough and someone gets in before you. My post was for Peteaud obviously. Sorry for the confusion PMSL.

Yep I was mighty confused then! Didn't see that post with the Zaino! Lol.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Confused.com
It says on the front, High Definition Wax. :S

I think that HD wax is intended to be used after a polishing with the likes of Autoglym super resin polish. That is what I was on about in a previous post, there is a difference between a WAX and a POLISH. Most people will be happy with one or the other, but for those connoisseurs of the vehicle polishing fraternity (or is it called OCD? ;)) you should really polish first, then use a wax to protect the polished finish. Errrm; allegedly...... :smile:

Edit... As your bike is new, it won't need a polish, as the finish is still as good as it will get. So the wax will provide protection; therefore you have used the proper stuff!

Tommy2

Über Member
Super resin polish contains fillers that will temporarily hide swirls, which as we all know are generally caused by cleaning with the incorrect equipment, I.e sponge instead of lambs wool mitt and dried with a chamois leather instead of a microfibre cloth.

OP
OP
A

Alan16ac

I think that HD wax is intended to be used after a polishing with the likes of Autoglym super resin polish. That is what I was on about in a previous post, there is a difference between a WAX and a POLISH. Most people will be happy with one or the other, but for those connoisseurs of the vehicle polishing fraternity (or is it called OCD? ;)) you should really polish first, then use a wax to protect the polished finish. Errrm; allegedly...... :smile:

Edit... As your bike is new, it won't need a polish, as the finish is still as good as it will get. So the wax will provide protection; therefore you have used the proper stuff!

Yep I know. I have Super Resin Polish, in fact I have almost everything in the Autoglym range. Used to use it all to clean my car before it was sold due to running costs.
Now I just have it all sitting there and never really use it on my current car.

Soapy water and hang to dry.

You'll crash it, lean it on things, rub it on things in the boot of the car....

I do like bicycles, but none of the bikes in our family is without several marks, scratches and chips.

It's a bicycle.

Drago

Legendary Member
I use Bilt Hamers Autobalm a couple of times a year. It's a sticky messy pain to buff but the level of protection it gives is unparalleled amongst car waxes and sealers.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I find general purpose furniture polish gives a prety good shine and does seem to stop some dirt sticking for a while. A lot of the finish is dependent on the buffing anyway.

Top Bottom