Car Wax On Bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A

Alan16ac

I find the best to use for me is Maguires quick wax, you just spray it on and wipe straight off and because its a clear liquid it doesn't leave wax in hard to get places.
If you take the wheels off and hook the saddle over the washing line it makes the frame really easy to get at.

That's a good idea lol. However think I'll stay indoors for now.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I've only used the super resin polish once or twice on my bikes, but after acquiring some Auto Glym instant show shine (that I'll never use on my car) I tried it on the bike. It seems to make it much easier to clean. After a ride or two when the bike has attracted some dirt it only takes a quick wipe down to clean it up. Worth a try IMO

Peteaud

Veteran
3M Marine Ultra Performance Paste Wax.
Nothing but the best for my babies :thumbsup: View attachment 17648

Start using Zaino then :laugh:

zaino_z8.jpg

Gary E

Veteran
That's a finishing product for using after you've waxed.

I use a wax enhancer too :laugh:

I know nothing about it really but my mate owns a car valeting company, proving that it's not what you know, it's who you know :thumbsup:

fossala

Guru
I use turtlewax on mine after a stripdown clean once every few months. It does get wipe down and chain clean most days.

OP
OP
A

Alan16ac

I always have various car waxes in the shed, and use them on all my bikes.

I also wipe the CAAD frame down with GT85 on a cloth, works wonders on a matt black frame :thumbsup:

I have some GT85 in the garage. I always buy it cheap when it's in work on the specials.

OP
OP
A

Alan16ac

It's not mate honest, read the words on the front. It's a sealer that you put on top of a wax or polish. It will work on it's own to give a shine but it works better on top of a good wax.

Confused.com
It says on the front, High Definition Wax. :S

Gary E

Veteran
Ahh hang on I think we're talking about different things.
I'm talking about Autoglym HD Wax.
Oops, good spot. That's what happens when you don't type fast enough and someone gets in before you. My post was for Peteaud obviously. Sorry for the confusion PMSL.

Top Bottom