1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carbon bike next to radiator

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by iwantanewbike, 5 Dec 2017.

1. david k

david k Hi

Heating water should be around 70c possibly less if a condensing boiler

2. david k

david k Hi

Think your mixing heating water and hot water, they are separated by a coil and yes hot water is usually around 60-65c

3. Alan O

Alan O Senior Member

I think it's more that it's a lot simpler to just ask for all tyres to be deflated than to have complicated rules which apply to various categories of tyres - it's not as it it's any great hadrship to have to reinflate them at your destination.

david k likes this.
  4. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

It's pretty simple - do TDF riders' tyres explode when they ride over an Alpine col at 8,000 feet? No they don't and an aircraft hold is pressurised to 8,000 or 10,000 feet.

5. Alan O

Alan O Senior Member

Under-floor holds are pressurized (which covers most aircraft), but I think some smaller aircraft with rear holds don't have them pressurized. So again, it's probably just a "one rule to keep it simple" approach.

6. oldfatfool

oldfatfool Veteran

I suspect the rad will operate at around 75 deg. The room temp is not a mirror of the rad temp.:okay:

david k likes this.
  7. Apollonius

Apollonius Über Member

Well, I have just moved three of my best carbon bikes into the spare bedroom for the winter. Snow forecast from tomorrow, and I think they will do better with warm and dry!

Alan O likes this.
  8. I misunderstood. I thought it was beside the radiator, not inside it.

david k likes this.
  9. Alan O

Alan O Senior Member

Hmm, I'm getting a marketing idea here... carbon radiators!

(I know carbon doesn't conduct heat very well, but that never stopped people making bike wheels out of it.)

10. Carbon takes many forms.

Diamond has 5 times the thermal conductivity of copper!

I see a big future in diamond central heating.

Alan O likes this.
  11. Apollonius

Apollonius Über Member

Diamonds burn well, I am told. (By my chemistry teacher, long ago, who had done it.) Coal is a good deal cheaper, I believe.

12. postman

postman Legendary Member

Don't worry once it gets to an unsafe temperature The saddle begins to shake violently then pops out of the seat post.

13. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah Staff Member

Sounds like you talk from experience Postie.

14. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah Staff Member

Sounds like you talk from experience Postie. ^_^

15. postman

postman Legendary Member

Is this the second delivery,sorry to tell you Royal Mail stopped it years ago.:blush::becool: